Possessing lots of things for tourists to discover, have fun and relax, it is not surprising that America has got more and more travelers coming each year. Not only being famous for its impressive landscapes changing their colors constantly, but this country is also well-known for the world’s cultural and national heritages honored by UNESCO, namely the Statue of Liberty, Independence Hall, National Parks and so on. Recently, to make it easier for visitors from Lesotho, the US government has added them to the list of nations eligible for an ESTA, which means that they do not have to visit the embassy for a visa anymore. Let’s scroll down to know more about this item!
Frequently asked questions about ESTA for citizens of Lesotho
What is an ESTA?
ESTA is a short word for “Electronic System for Travel Authorization”. This automated system is developed by the government of the USA in order to determine the eligibility of travelers to visit this country under the Visa Waiver Program.
How many types of applications are there?
The present policy offers you two ways to request an ESTA which are mentioned in the following lines:
- Individual application: this kind of application is quite simple for those who are flying to the US on their own. Indeed, you just have to spend some time filling in the blanks with true and accurate answers regarding your personal and passport data.
- Group application: this one is more suitable for people traveling together since it is fast and convenient. The online form just asks for one representative to respond to the queries given as long as he is over 18.
What is necessary for an ESTA request?
Here is the list of items you need to prepare for an ESTA application:
- A passport from a Visa Waiver Program country: there will be several questions related to your passport in the form. Therefore, you are required to have one to answer those inquiries. Make sure that your passport is still valid so that you can move on to the next stage.
- An email address: is the main tool for you to keep track of your ESTA. Hence, please consider providing the one you use frequently to get the latest notifications.
- A means of payment: there are different ways that you can pick to pay for your ESTA with MasterCard, VISA, American Express or PayPal accounts.
How many stages does the application include?
The process consists of three big steps that take you only a few minutes to fulfill. In detail, they are as clearly guided below:
- The first thing you have to do is to visit this page for the online form. Then, you can enter all the necessary information regarding name, passport details, nationality, etc. Please take a look at what you have just typed to see if there is any typo mistake.
Pay and confirm
- MasterCard, VISA, American Express and PayPal accounts are all accepted as a method of payment. Therefore, you can pick the one which you have already to pay for your ESTA.
Get your ESTA
- Your ESTA will be delivered to you as soon as it is done. After that, you can begin your journey by printing it out and show at the checkpoint.
How long can I receive my ESTA?
You can decide the timeframe to process your ESTA. There are three options for you as listed:
- Normal processing: 3 business days
- Emergency processing: 24 hours
- Rush processing: 12 hours
How much is an ESTA?
An ESTA comprises government and service fees. The price for each one is as follows:
Government fee: $14
- Normal processing: $59
- Emergency processing: $79
- Rush processing: $89
How long can I stay in the US with an ESTA?
You will have 90 days to enjoy your vacation in the US. Besides, you are allowed to enter this country as many times as you would like thanks to the benefits of multiple entries.
How can I know more about ESTA?
Should there be any problems during the application, please let us know by leaving a message in the box on our website. Your concerns will be replied to by our experts as soon as possible to help you get an ESTA successfully.