If you are looking for a destination for your holidays where you can buy cool fashionable items, the United States of America would be one of the best choices for you. Besides, when coming to visit this country, there will be other interesting sites for you to discover such as Disneyland, Freedom trails, the Statue of Liberty, etc. Thanks to the release of ESTA, residents of Antigua and Barbuda do not have to take an interview at the consulate anymore. Let’s keep reading for the details!
Frequently asked questions about ESTA for citizens of Antigua and Barbuda
What does ESTA mean?
ESTA is a short word for “Electronic System for Travel Authorization”. This automated system is developed by the government of the USA in order to determine the eligibility of travelers to visit this country under the Visa Waiver Program.
How many ways are there to apply for an ESTA?
There are two kinds of applications for you to choose as follows:
- Individual application: if you visit America alone, this is the only option you can choose. An individual application is very simple and takes you only about five minutes to finish everything.
- Group application: this type is more suitable for those who are going to travel in a group. However, they must have the same nationalities and the representative applicant must be 18 years old or older.
What documents are needed for an ESTA request?
There are three main items in total that you must prepare to apply for an ESTA:
- A passport from a Visa Waiver Program country: passport is an item that you must have to take the application. As there will be some questions such as passport numbers and expiry date, it is compulsory for you to own one to provide those details.
- An email address: notifications about your e-Visa will be sent through email, so you should give an email address which you use regularly to make sure there is no important information missed.
- A means of payment: you can choose any methods of payment among MasterCard, VISA, American Express and PayPal accounts to pay for your ESTA.
What is the process of an ESTA application?
To own an ESTA, you just have to follow these three stages:
- You can go to this site to find an online form available there. Then, you have to answer all the questions given about name, contact information, phone number, email address, passport number, etc.
- To prevent any problems caused by typo mistakes after you submit the form, you should have a check once fulfilling.
Pay and confirm
- There is one thing you should know that ESTA cannot be paid with cash. Therefore, you can pick one among MasterCard, VISA, American Express or PayPal accounts.
Get your ESTA
- After a period of time, you will receive your ESTA through email. Next, you have to download and print it out. When taking a trip to the USA, do not forget to bring it with you and show it at the checkpoint.
How long do I have to wait for my ESTA?
The timeframe needed to process your ESTA relies on your selection. By considering how urgent your trip is, you can pick one from the following choices:
- Normal processing: 3 business days
- Emergency processing: 24 hours
- Rush processing: 12 hours
How much is an ESTA?
There are two kinds of fees included in the charge of an ESTA, the first one is for the government and the second one is for service. As for the service fee, we offer three prices according to the levels of urgency which are listed as below:
Government fee: $14
- Normal processing: $59
- Emergency processing: $79
- Rush processing: $89
How long am I allowed to stay in the USA with my ESTA?
Residents from Antigua and Barbuda who hold an ESTA can stay here for 90 days as a maximum duration. In addition, they can enter this country more than one time with the permission of multiple entries.
What should I do to know more about ESTA for the citizens of Antigua and Barbuda?
Please do not hesitate to raise all of your concerns in the box on our page. We are happy to share with you helpful information and advice so that you can apply for an ESTA successfully.