Being one of the hottest destinations for travelers from all over the world, America has welcomed thousands of tourists coming each year. People enter this land not only to enjoy the peaceful landscapes for their vacation but also to have fun in some famous sites such as Disneyland, the Magic Kingdom and so on. Nowadays, with the introduction of ESTA, it is not so difficult for nationals of Burundi to have a trip to this country. Let’s scroll down for detailed information in the lines below!
Frequently asked questions about ESTA for citizens of Burundi
What is an ESTA?
ESTA is a short word for “Electronic System for Travel Authorization”. This automated system is developed by the government of the USA in order to determine the eligibility of travelers to visit this country under the Visa Waiver Program.
How many sorts of ESTA applications are there?
In accordance with the regulations, there are two kinds of applications available for you to pick from:
- Individual application: this way is most appropriate for visitors who do not accompany anyone to the US. By choosing an individual application, they just need to fill in the form some personal details and passport information.
- Group application: if you are purposing to go with more than two folks, it is highly recommended to take this application for saving time. Particularly, there are only a few data of the whole group required regarding nationality, date of birth, etc.
What do I need to prepare for an ESTA application?
There are three main items you must hold in your hand before taking an ESTA request as listed:
- A passport from a Visa Waiver Program country: it is always necessary to own a passport if you want to travel abroad. In addition, you should have a check to see if it is still valid.
- An email address: will keep you updated with the latest notifications about your ESTA. Plus, it is also the means for you to get your ESTA after a successful application.
- A means of payment: your ESTA can be paid with MasterCard, VISA, American Express or PayPal accounts. Nonetheless, you cannot make payment with cash in this situation.
How many steps are there in the application process?
The process is very simple with three stages guided in the following lines:
- By accessing this link, you will be directed to another page whose an online form. Then, you have to answer all the questions about name, date of birth, e-mail address, passport, purposes of the trips, and phone number carefully. To avoid troubles later, you should have a check before moving on to the next step.
Pay and confirm
- The second step in this process is about payment. In this case, cash is not an acceptable means. Instead, you can charge with MasterCard, VISA, American Express or PayPal accounts.
Get your ESTA
- When your ESTA is sent via email, you have to download and print it out. Do not forget to bring it with you to the Immigration checkpoint to get permission for your journey.
How long can I receive my ESTA?
The processing time depends on your decision. Our service offers three different choices so that you can pick the most suitable one:
- Normal processing: 3 business days
- Emergency processing: 24 hours
- Rush processing: 12 hours
How much is an ESTA?
The price of an ESTA consists of government and service fees. About the latter, the cost will change according to the level of urgency:
Government fee: $14
- Normal processing: $59
- Emergency processing: $79
- Rush processing: $89
How long can I stay in the US with an ESTA?
An ESTA allows you to have a 90-day stay in the US. Additionally, during the valid period, you can show up as many times as you want.
How can I know more about ESTA?
Should you have any concerns related to ESTA, please do not hesitate to visit our website to let us know what you are worried about. Our experts will show you useful advice to have a successful application.