The United States of America has been well-known for its impressive landscapes coming different each season that tourists cannot forget once seeing. Additionally, it will also surprise you with busy and modern cities always full of people going shopping, going to work and so on. Recently, travelers from Chile do not have to worry about the documents for a US visa application thanks to ESTA. If you are a national of this country and would like to choose the US for your vacation, do not hesitate to scroll down for details!
Frequently asked questions about ESTA for citizens of Chile
What is an ESTA?
ESTA is a short word for “Electronic System for Travel Authorization”. This automated system is developed by the government of the USA in order to determine the eligibility of travelers to visit this country under the Visa Waiver Program.
How many types of applications are there?
There are two ways for you to apply for an ESTA as follows:
- Individual application: people who are going to take a trip alone can pick this option to request an ESTA. It is just a short form with personal information about name, nationality, passport, etc. is required.
- Group application: this kind of application is highly recommended for those going on holiday together because of its convenience. In particular, one person will be the representative requesting an ESTA for the whole group. However, they must be from the same nation.
What items are necessary for an ESTA request?
There are not many documents you have to prepare for an ESTA application. Here is the list of things you must hold in your hand:
- A passport from a Visa Waiver Program country: it is the top important item you are required to own for a successful application. Besides, your one must be valid at the time you fill in the online form.
- An email address: you can not fail to give an email address since this is the means that keeps you updated with the newest notifications as well as gives you the ESTA.
- A means of payment: You can pay for your ESTA with MasterCard, VISA, American Express or PayPal accounts except for cash.
How many stages does the application include?
To get an ESTA, you have to follow the three steps instructed clearly in the following lines:
- First of all, you should go to this page and provide all the information required in the boxes. Your answer will be about nationality, name, date of arrival, passport and contact details. As it is easy to make mistakes with the numbers and spelling, you should make sure to provide accurate information to prevent rejection.
Pay and confirm
- You can pay for your ESTA with MasterCard, VISA, American Express or PayPal accounts. Please keep in mind that cash is not accepted in this case.
Get your ESTA
- Once you have a successful application, your ESTA will be sent through your email within the timeframe you choose. What you should do next is to download and print it out to show at the Immigration Checkpoint.
How long can I receive my ESTA?
It depends on your choice about the processing time. Our service offers three types of timeframe that you can consider picking:
- Normal processing: 3 business days
- Emergency processing: 24 hours
- Rush processing: 12 hours
How much is an ESTA?
In order to own an ESTA, you will have to charge both government and service fees as shown:
Government fee: $14
- Normal processing: $59
- Emergency processing: $79
- Rush processing: $89
How long can I stay in the US with an ESTA?
An ESTA gives the right to visit the US for 90 days as a maximum. Furthermore, you can enter this land more than one time as it offers multiple entries.
How can I know more about ESTA?
Should you need further details, please visit us at this site and leave your questions in the box. We will be there to support you with useful information with the aim that you will get an ESTA successfully.