Possessing numerous beautiful landscapes spreading the whole large country, America has been listed as one of the most ideal destinations for tourism. Visitors coming here not just for relaxing but also for discovering new things about this famous nation. Lately, to make it easier for travelers who want to go on holiday here, especially those from Djibouti, the US government has introduced ESTA with lots of benefits. If you are interested and would like to know what it is, do not hesitate to scroll down for details!
Frequently asked questions about ESTA for citizens of Djibouti
What is an ESTA?
ESTA is a short word for “Electronic System for Travel Authorization”. This automated system is developed by the government of the USA in order to determine the eligibility of travelers to visit this country under the Visa Waiver Program.
How many types of applications are there?
Tourists who wish to go on vacation in the US can request an ESTA in two ways:
- Individual application: is mainly offered for people that do not accompany anyone on the trip. The process is quite simple with some basic information about applicants and passports required.
- Group application: is an option highly recommended to travelers flying to America in groups. Requesting in this way, only one representative has to answer all the questions on behalf of other members.
What is necessary for an ESTA request?
Here is the list of items you need to prepare for an ESTA application:
- A passport from a Visa Waiver Program country: is the top important thing you need to provide in the online form. Do not forget to check the expiry date of your passport to make sure that it is still valid.
- An email address: is the means keeping you updated with new notifications about your ESTA. Therefore, remember to check it frequently to keep track of everything.
- A means of payment: You can pay for your ESTA with MasterCard, VISA, American Express or PayPal accounts except for cash.
How many stages does the application include?
There are not many steps you have to take to request an ESTA. Indeed, the process includes only three main parts below:
- There is an online form available on this page for you to provide details about passport, name, nationality, date of birth, etc. Please have a look back at what you have just typed to see if there is any typo mistake.
Pay and confirm
- You will have to pay the fee of your ESTA when the request is done. About the means of payment, you can choose any way among MasterCard, VISA, American Express or PayPal accounts. Please keep in mind that cash is not accepted in this case.
Get your ESTA
- Your ESTA will be delivered to your email a few days later. After that, you should print it out to get ready for the trip to America.
How long can I receive my ESTA?
Our service offers three different timeframes so that you can pick the most suitable one for your schedule:
- Normal processing: 3 business days
- Emergency processing: 24 hours
- Rush processing: 12 hours
How much is an ESTA?
The cost of an ESTA consists of two types of fees called government and service. However, for the latter, the price will change following the level of urgency:
Government fee: $14
- Normal processing: $59
- Emergency processing: $79
- Rush processing: $89
How long can I stay in the US with an ESTA?
Holding an ESTA with you, you will have the right to enjoy your journey in the US for 90 days. If your trip is not that long, you can enter again later thanks to multiple entries.
How can I know more about ESTA?
Should you need more information about ESTA, please contact us by visiting our homepage where there is a box on the right side for you to raise all of your concerns. We are always willing to help you with your problems for a successful application.