Possessing a number of impressive landscapes that tourists cannot forget once contemplating, it is not surprising that there are more and more travelers coming to the US each year for their holidays. Besides, on arrival here, you will have a chance to experience the pace of life in modern cities where lots of shopping malls and skyscrapers gather. Recently, since the introduction of ESTA, it has been much easier for nationals of the Falkland Islands to have a trip to America. Let’s scroll down to get more details if you want to know more!
Frequently asked questions about ESTA for citizens of Falkland Islands
What is an ESTA?
ESTA is a short word for “Electronic System for Travel Authorization”. This automated system is developed by the government of the USA in order to determine the eligibility of travelers to visit this country under the Visa Waiver Program.
How many types of applications are there?
There are two ways in total for applicants to request an ESTA as follow:
- Individual application: is mostly offered for tourists who are planning to fly to the US alone. The process is not very difficult with some questions regarding personal and passport details requiring your response.
- Group application: it would be a waste of time if you apply for everyone in the group of more than two people. Understanding that drawback, the US government has released this kind of application to make it convenient for visitors. Requesting this way, you just need a representative to fill in the blanks all the necessary data.
What is necessary for an ESTA request?
An ESTA application will ask you to provide the following items:
- A passport from a Visa Waiver Program country: you will need a passport to give its information in the online form. Do not forget to have a look at the expiry date to make sure that it is still valid.
- An email address: is an important means that keeps you updated with new notifications. Therefore, please spend some time checking your email to keep track of your ESTA.
- A means of payment: You can pay for your ESTA with MasterCard, VISA, American Express or PayPal accounts except for cash.
How many stages does the application include?
The whole process consists of three bis steps which we guide in stages below:
- There is an online form available on this site. Your job is to answer all the queries given related to passport, date of birth, name, nationality, etc. Please remember to check everything again before you move on to the next part to see if any mistake is made.
Pay and confirm
- You will have to pay the fee of your ESTA when the request is done. About the means of payment, you can choose any way among MasterCard, VISA, American Express or PayPal accounts. Please keep in mind that cash is not available in this case.
Get your ESTA
- You will have to wait for a few days to get your ESTA. Then, to get entering permission when showing up in the US, you should print it out to show it at the checkpoint.
How long can I receive my ESTA?
Our service offers three different timeframes to make it flexible for your schedule. By considering how rush your trip is, you can pick one of the options listed:
- Normal processing: 3 business days
- Emergency processing: 24 hours
- Rush processing: 12 hours
How much is an ESTA?
Government and service fees are the two parts you have to charge to own an ESTA. In detail, the price for each one is clearly shown in the following lines:
Government fee: $14
- Normal processing: $59
- Emergency processing: $79
- Rush processing: $89
How long can I stay in the US with an ESTA?
Holding an ESTA with you, you will have the right to stay in the US for 90 days as maximum. Also, you can enter this beautiful land for vacations as many times as you would like thanks to multiple entries.
How can I know more about ESTA?
If you are still concerned about the process of applying for an ESTA, please contact us on our website to get useful advice from our experts. We are always willing to help you out so that you can get this permit successfully.