Being listed as one of the most fascinating destinations for tourism, America has got more and more travelers coming to visit each year. Once setting foot in this country, you cannot forget its beautiful nature varying differently when the seasons change. Besides, there are lots of famous heritages of the world gathering here for you to contemplate such as the Statue of Liberty, Independence Hall or National Park. If you are a national of Guatemala who is planning for a trip to the USA, do not miss to know about ESTA which is described in the following lines!
Frequently asked questions about ESTA for citizens of Guatemala
What is an ESTA?
ESTA is a short word for “Electronic System for Travel Authorization”. This automated system is developed by the government of the USA in order to determine the eligibility of travelers to visit this country under the Visa Waiver Program.
How many types of applications are there?
ESTA offers you two types of applications as follows:
- Individual application: only one person can apply at a time. The process is quite easy with a short form asking for your personal and passport details.
- Group application: two or more people can apply at the same time. This sort is convenient for you if you are going to have a holiday with a group of friends or family as you do not have to request ESTA for each member. Instead, one person will be the representative answering all the questions on behalf of other people.
What is necessary for an ESTA request?
As this is an online application, you do not have to prepare as many papers as applying for a sticker visa. All you need to have are:
- A passport from a Visa Waiver Program country: passport is always the top important thing you have to hold in your hand before asking for a visa. In addition, your one must be valid at the time you take the application.
- An email address: since you do not need to go to the embassy, you have to provide an email address to get the latest information as well as your ESTA.
- A means of payment: an online application does not allow you to pay with cash. However, you can pick one among MasterCard, VISA, American Express or PayPal.
How many stages does the application include?
In order to own an ESTA, you have to take three easy steps which are clearly guided in the lines below:
- First of all, you go to this link and fill in the boxes some personal details such as name, nationality, date of birth, passport number, email address and your address. Because they are important information, make sure that you have no typo mistake by checking all of them again once finishing.
Pay and confirm
- The next step of the process is to pay for your ESTA. About the payment method, MasterCard, VISA, American Express and PayPal accounts are highly recommended.
Get your ESTA
- Several days after a successful application, your ESTA will be sent to your email address. Therefore, you should check it regularly so as not to miss any notifications. Then, you can print it out to show at the Immigration checkpoint.
How long can I receive my ESTA?
You can select the time frame to receive your ESTA. We offer three kinds of processing period to make it flexible for you:
- Normal processing: 3 business days
- Emergency processing: 24 hours
- Rush processing: 12 hours
How much is an ESTA?
An ESTA requires you to make payment for two kinds of fees which are for the government and service. In details, the price for each one is shown as following:
Government fee: $14
- Normal processing: $59
- Emergency processing: $79
- Rush processing: $89
How long can I stay in the US with an ESTA?
Holding an ESTA in your hand, you are allowed to visit this country for 90 days. Thus, for a perfect journey, you should plan everything reasonably to get the best experiences.
How can I know more about ESTA?
Should you have any concerns during the application, please do not hesitate to go to our website and leave a message in the chatbox. Your questions will be responded to by our experts in the shortest time.