America is an interesting destination where consists of new things for you to discover. When going on holiday in this country, you will get an opportunity to experience the pace of life in modern cities, along with that are luxurious shopping malls gathering downtown for you to buy your favorite items. Also, if you are a nature lover, this is an ideal place for your vacation with numerous impressive landscapes covering a vast area. Lately, thanks to the introduction of ESTA, it has been much easier for tourists from Jamaica to set their foot on this land for a trip. Let’s keep reading for detailed information!
Frequently asked questions about ESTA for citizens of Jamaica
What is an ESTA?
ESTA is a short word for “Electronic System for Travel Authorization”. This automated system is developed by the government of the USA in order to determine the eligibility of travelers to visit this country under the Visa Waiver Program.
How many types of applications are there?
The latest regulations give you two choices to request an ESTA which are mentioned in the lines below:
- Individual application: is the most appropriate option for visitors who fly to the US alone. Applying in this way is not very complex as you just have to spend some time answering all the queries given and making payment for your ESTA.
- Group application: this kind of application is quite similar to the other but you do not have to request an ESTA for everyone in the group, which helps to save a lot of time. Instead, a representative will fulfill the online form on behalf of his mates as long as they have the same nationality.
What is necessary for an ESTA request?
Here is the list of things that you must have for an ESTA application:
- A passport from a Visa Waiver Program country: it is compulsory to own a passport if you want to come to another nation. Please have a look at its expiry date to see if it is still valid.
- An email address: this item plays a part since notifications about your ESTA will be sent through it. Therefore, make sure that you do not miss any point by checking its regularly.
- A means of payment: there are different ways that you can pick to pay for your ESTA with MasterCard, VISA, American Express or PayPal accounts.
How many stages does the application include?
An ESTA request is very simple with three main steps included. The following lines show you how to do it in stages:
- There is an online form available for you on this site. By accessing it, you can provide all the necessary information related to you and your passport such as name, date of birth, nationality, passport number and so on. Kindly check everything again before moving on to the next part in case you make a typo mistake.
Pay and confirm
- MasterCard, VISA, American Express and PayPal accounts are all accepted as a method of payment. Therefore, you can pick the one which you have already got to pay for your ESTA.
Get your ESTA
- An ESTA will be done and delivered to you through email in some days. Your final job is to print it out to show at the checkpoint as soon as turning up in the USA.
How long can I receive my ESTA?
You can pick a timeframe to process your ESTA. We offer three different ones so that you can make it flexible for your schedule:
- Normal processing: 3 business days
- Emergency processing: 24 hours
- Rush processing: 12 hours
How much is an ESTA?
An ESTA comprises two kinds of fees called government and service. However, the price of the latter will vary according to the level of urgency:
Government fee: $14
- Normal processing: $59
- Emergency processing: $79
- Rush processing: $89
How long can I stay in the US with an ESTA?
You will have 90 days to visit the US with this permit. Moreover, you can come here for another trip later thanks to the advantages of multiple entries.
How can I know more about ESTA?
Should you have any questions about ESTA, please send us a message via the chatbox to let us know what you are concerned about. Our experts are always willing to help you out with useful details to help you get this permit successfully.