Recently, the number of visitors coming to the US in holiday seasons has increased at a high rate for many reasons. Among those, its attractive landscapes may play the most important role since lots of travelers find it relaxing to contemplate them. Also, there are numerous heritages of the world gathering here for you to visit and take photos such as the Statue of Liberty, Independence Hall or National Parks. If you are a citizen of Johnston Island who is planning for a trip to America, you should apply for an ESTA since it brings you plenty of benefits. Let’s scroll down for details!
Frequently asked questions about ESTA for citizens of Johnston Island
What is an ESTA?
ESTA is a short word for “Electronic System for Travel Authorization”. This automated system is developed by the government of the USA in order to determine the eligibility of travelers to visit this country under the Visa Waiver Program.
How many types of applications are there?
In accordance with current policy, you can request an ESTA in two ways which are shown in the following lines:
- Individual application: is most appropriate for those taking a trip on their own. The process is quite simple for you as it takes only a few minutes to be done.
- Group application: is highly recommended if you go on vacation with a group of mates or family for being fast and convenient. This kind of application just asks for one person to complete a short form on behalf of other members, which helps to save a lot of your time.
What is necessary for an ESTA request?
There are not many things you have to prepare for an ESTA application. All you need are:
- A passport from a Visa Waiver Program country: the first thing that appears on the list must be a passport as you cannot travel abroad without it. Please have a check to see if your one is still valid so that you will not get rejection.
- An email address: is the means through which you get the latest notifications about your ESTA. Thus, please give the one you use frequently to keep track of the process.
- A means of payment: there are different ways for you to pay for your ESTA such as MasterCard, VISA, American Express or PayPal accounts.
How many stages does the application include?
The application consists of three big steps that you can follow for a successful request:
- Firstly, you can access this site to get the online form. Next, kindly fill in the blanks with true and accurate data about you and your passport. Do not forget to have a look at your answers again when you are done to make sure that no mistake is included.
Pay and confirm
- MasterCard, VISA, American Express and PayPal accounts are all accepted as a method of payment. Therefore, you can pick the one you have already to pay for your ESTA.
Get your ESTA
- Several days after you send the request, your ESTA will be sent to you via email. Then, you can print it out to start your journey.
How long can I receive my ESTA?
Normally, it takes a few days to process an ESTA. However, if you are in an urgent situation, you can select one from the following choices to get ready for your trip:
- Normal processing: 3 business days
- Emergency processing: 24 hours
- Rush processing: 12 hours
How much is an ESTA?
You will have to make payment for government and service fees to own an ESTA. The price for each one is as detailed:
Government fee: $14
- Normal processing: $59
- Emergency processing: $79
- Rush processing: $89
How long can I stay in the US with an ESTA?
This permit gives you 90 days in total to enjoy your holiday in the US. Additionally, you are allowed to enter this country more than one time thanks to multiple entries.
How can I know more about ESTA?
For a better understanding of ESTA, please visit our website and leave a message in the box to get help from our experts. Your queries will be replied to in the shortest time so that you can solve your problems as soon as possible.