These days, thanks to the introduction of ESTA, it has been much easier and more convenient for travelers of some countries to enter the US for a short trip. In detail, you do not have to prepare lots of documents, take an interview at the consulate or wait for a long time to get the result. If you have this permit already but do not know to check its validity, let’s scroll down for guidance about ESTA validity checking before applying for a new one!
Frequently asked questions about ESTA validity checking
For how long is an ESTA valid?
Your ESTA will be valid for two years from the date it is issued. During that period, you can enter the US as many times as you would like thanks to multiple entries.
How can I know if my ESTA is still valid?
To check the validity of your ESTA, you have to fill in a short form with information about the date of birth, application number, passport issuance date and passport expiration date. Then, the authorization number and ESTA expiration date will appear on the screen.
How many kinds of ESTA status are there?
Here are the five kinds of status you may see when checking the validity of your ESTA:
ESTA authorization approved
If you see this status on the display, it means that you can now show up in the US for a business trip or vacation. Kindly take a look at your ESTA’s expiration date to make a reasonable plan.
ESTA application pending
This status means that your ESTA request has just been sent lately and is still in processing. It usually takes a few days for your ESTA to be done. Do not forget to log in to your email frequently to keep track of the process and to see if there is anything wrong with the application.
ESTA application expired
If you face those words, there is nothing you can do but applying for a new one. In order to get a successful request, make sure that you hold all the following items in your hand:
- A passport from a Visa Waiver Program country: it is always essential to have a passport with you if you want to get an ESTA. Remember to have a look at your one’s expiration date to see if it is still valid.
- An email address: you need to provide an email address so as to receive the latest notifications about your ESTA.
- A means of payment: you have to prepare a method of payment for your ESTA fee. There are some ways for you to select such as MasterCard, VISA, American Express or PayPal accounts.
ESTA application not authorized
The words mean that you are not eligible for an ESTA because you do not belong to countries under the Visa Waiver Program. In this situation, you have to ask for a US visa at the consulate for entering permission.
The second reason maybe because of the wrong details that you provide in the online form. To fix the mistakes, you should make a new request and answer all the questions carefully. Since the responses consist of many numbers and important data, do not forget to spend some time reviewing them before you submit the application to avoid rejection later.
ESTA application not found
This result can be caused by mistakes included in your answers about personal and passport details. Hence, you should check if you enter any wrong information related to numbers and spelling.
How can I apply for an ESTA?
There are three big steps as shown in the lines below:
- Apply: you can get the application started by taking the online form on the US ESTA Visa page and answer all of the questions given accurately and correctly.
- Pay and Confirm: you can make payment for your ESTA with MasterCard, VISA, American Express and PayPal accounts but not cash.
- Get your ESTA: you will receive your ESTA several days after submitting the form. Then, you can print it out for checking at the checkpoint.
How can I know more about ESTA?
Should there be any problems during the process, please do not hesitate to send us a message via the chatbox on our website to let us know what you are concerned about. We are always willing to support you with useful details to help you get this permit successfully.