Possessing numerous attractive landscapes, it is not surprising that America has become a hot destination for tourism in the past years. If you are from Australia who would love to visit this nice country but do not know how to get entering permission, let’s scroll down the following lines for useful details anout US Visa for Australians!
Frequently asked questions about US Visa for Australians
Do Australian citizens need a visa to enter the US?
Yes, you are required to show your visa at the checkpoint to visit the US. If you are afraid of taking an interview at the consulate, preparing many documents and waiting for the result, you should apply for an ESTA as a substitute. The process is much faster and easier with three main steps included.
What is ESTA?
ESTA is a short word for “Electronic System for Travel Authorization”. This automated system is developed by the government of the USA in order to determine the eligibility of travelers to visit this country under the Visa Waiver Program.
What items are necessary for an ESTA application?
A US ESTA request does not ask you to prepare lots of papers. Instead, you just have to get the following items ready:
- A passport from a Visa Waiver Program country: it is always essential to have a passport with you if you want to get an ESTA. Make sure that your one is valid by having a look at its expiration date.
- An email address: you must provide an email address when taking the application. This email will keep you updated with the latest notifications about your ESTA.
- A means of payment: you have to prepare a method of payment for your ESTA fee. There are some ways for you to select such as MasterCard, VISA, American Express or PayPal accounts.
How long will my ESTA be done?
It depends on the service you choose. We offer three kinds of timeframes so that you can find the most suitable one:
- Normal processing: 3 business days
- Emergency processing: 24 hours
- Rush processing: 12 hours
How much money does an ESTA cost?
As for the fee, the government will ask you to pay $14 for an ESTA. Besides, you also have to pay the service cost. There are three options which you can choose as follows:
- Normal processing: $59
- Emergency processing: $79
- Rush processing: $89
How long can I stay in the USA with my ESTA?
Your journey to America cannot be over 90 days with an ESTA. You can start your trip at any point during its validity time.
How many steps are there in an ESTA application?
An ESTA application includes three main stages which you have to follow carefully:
- First of all, you have to find the online form on our US Esta Visa page and provide personal information about name, passport, date of arrival, contact details, etc. There might be some mistakes related to numbers while you are giving the answers. Therefore, do not forget to have a look back at what you have just typed to make sure everything is accurate.
Pay and confirm
- After answering all the questions given, you have to pay your ESTA fee. About the means of payment, you can use MasterCard, VISA, American Express, PayPal accounts but not cash.
Get your ESTA
- Once the first two steps are complete, you can wait for your ESTA to be sent via your email. When it arrives, you can download and print it out to show at the Immigration Checkpoint.
How can I request an ESTA for more than two people?
If you are planning to travel in groups of more than two people, a group application is highly recommended because it helps to save a lot of your time. In detail, only one person from the group needs to answer all the questions given which take just a few minutes to be done. However, please notice that every member must have the same nationality.
Where can I get more details about US Visa for Australians?
If you still have some questions related to ESTA for citizens of Australia, you can contact us on our homepage for more details. We are always willing to support you to successfully get an ESTA for your vacations.