The United States of America has been a hot destination for tourists from around the world thanks to big modern cities, beautiful nature and numerous places for entertainment. When coming to this land, you can also visit famous sites such as the Statue of Liberty, Disneyland, etc. With the introduction of ESTA, it has been more convenient for travelers from Antarctica to enter this country. If you do not have any idea about it, let’s keep reading for more details!
Frequently asked questions about ESTA for citizens of Antarctica
What does ESTA mean?
ESTA is a short word for “Electronic System for Travel Authorization”. This automated system is developed by the government of the USA in order to determine the eligibility of travelers to visit this country under the Visa Waiver Program.
How many kinds of applications are there for an ESTA?
There are two ways for you to request an ESTA. In particular, they are as below:
- Individual application: this is the most basic types which you can choose if you go alone. Travelers who go in groups can also apply in this way but it may take lots of time.
- Group application: if you go to America with a group of friends or family, this is a good option for you because it helps to save much of your time. However, please be very careful while providing important information to avoid mistakes.
What documents are needed for an ESTA request?
There are three main items in total that you must have to apply for an ESTA:
- A passport from a Visa Waiver Program country: passport is always the top indispensable thing you are not allowed to miss for a successful request. Therefore, make sure you have one available and it is still valid.
- An email address: the online form will require you to provide an email address so that you do not fail to know any important notifications. Hence, do not forget to check it frequently after your application is done.
- A means of payment: there are some methods for you to pay for your ESTA like MasterCard, VISA, American Express and PayPal accounts. You should prepare at least one of them to get ready for the application.
What are the stages of an ESTA application?
An ESTA application is not too difficult with three steps shown below:
- First of all, you can access this site to provide some personal information about name, passport, date of arrival and contact details. As the answers contain lots of numbers and important information, make sure you have no typo mistakes by checking everything again when you are done.
Pay and confirm
- After fulfilling the online form, you can go on to the next step which is about payment. In this situation, only some means of payment are accepted such as MasterCard, VISA, American Express and PayPal accounts.
Get your ESTA
When your ESTA arrives via email, you have to download then print it out to get ready for your trip. When you turn up in this nation, do not forget to show it at the checkpoint for permission.
How many days do I have to wait for my ESTA?
You can decide the time frame for your e-Visa. To make it flexible for you, we offer three choices ad listed below:
- Normal processing: 3 business days
- Emergency processing: 24 hours
- Rush processing: 12 hours
How much does an ESTA cost?
In order to own an ESTA, you have to make payment for both government and service fees. About the former, there is only one price regulated by this country. However, the cost of the latter will change following your case:
Government fee: $14
- Normal processing: $59
- Emergency processing: $79
- Rush processing: $89
How long am I allowed to stay in the USA with my ESTA?
With an ESTA, you can visit this state for the duration of 90 days. Moreover, you can enter it at any point within the valid time thanks to multiple entries.
What should I do to know more about ESTA for the citizens of Antarctica?
Should you have any concerns or want to have more details about ESTA for the citizens of Antarctica, please visit our website for more information. We always welcome and support you as much as we can.