With nice weather and lots of impressive scenery spreading the whole country, it is not surprising that America has got more and more tourists coming for holiday each year. Besides the beautiful nature, this is also known as the kingdom of fashion where you can hunt for cool items in luxurious shopping malls. If you are a national of Dominica who is planning a trip to the United States, holding an ESTA will help you a lot. Let’s scroll down for more details if you do not know what it is!
Frequently asked questions about ESTA for citizens of Dominica
What is an ESTA?
ESTA is a short word for “Electronic System for Travel Authorization”. This automated system is developed by the government of the USA in order to determine the eligibility of travelers to visit this country under the Visa Waiver Program.
How many types of applications are there?
On the system, there are two kinds of application available for travelers to request an ESTA:
- Individual application: this is the only way for you to ask for an ESTA if there is no one else accompanying you on the trip. You will have to take an online form with some questions about personal and passport information in it.
- Group application: is a better option if you go to the US with a group of people. The step is much faster as it needs only a representative to fill in the blanks details regarding date of birth, name, nationality, etc.
What is necessary for an ESTA request?
To get ready for an ESTA application, you must own all of these things:
- A passport from a Visa Waiver Program country: is an indispensable item you are not allowed to miss for a successful request. Additionally, your one must be valid in order not to get rejection.
- An email address: to help you keep good track of your ESTA, the form also asks you to give an email address which you use frequently. Hence, do not forget to spend your time checking it for the latest notifications.
- A means of payment: You can pay for your ESTA with MasterCard, VISA, American Express or PayPal accounts except for cash.
How many stages does the application include?
An ESTA application comprises the following steps:
- The first thing you have to do is to go to this site and respond to all of the questions given. Because the answers contain lots of numbers, you should have a check to make sure that there is no typo mistake made.
Pay and confirm
- You will have to pay the fee of your ESTA when the request is done. About the means of payment, you can choose any way among MasterCard, VISA, American Express or PayPal accounts. Please keep in mind that cash is not accepted in this case.
Get your ESTA
- Several days after the request, you will get your ESTA via email. Then, to get ready for your trip, you should print it out to show at the immigration checkpoint.
How long can I receive my ESTA?
It may take a few days to process an ESTA. Nonetheless, if you are in an urgent situation, there are three options for you as follows:
- Normal processing: 3 business days
- Emergency processing: 24 hours
- Rush processing: 12 hours
How much is an ESTA?
There are two kinds of fees included in an ESTA cost called government and service which we list in the following lines:
Government fee: $14
- Normal processing: $59
- Emergency processing: $79
- Rush processing: $89
How long can I stay in the US with an ESTA?
An ESTA allows you to stay in the US for 90 days. Furthermore, you can enter this nation again later for another holiday thanks to multiple entries.
How can I know more about ESTA?
For a better understanding of ESTA for citizens of Dominica, please visit us on our page to raise all of your questions in the box on the right side. Our experts will give you suitable guidance as soon as possible.