For a long time, the United States of America has been famous for its modern cities, skyscrapers and luxurious malls selling expensive items. For that reason, the number of tourists from around the world coming here each year keeps rising. Lately, it has been much convenient for travelers of some counties including Afghanistan to enter this land as they no longer have to go to the embassy for a sticker visa. Instead, they can apply for an ESTA at home. If you are interested, let’s scroll down for more details!
Frequently asked questions about ESTA for citizens of Afghanistan
What does ESTA stand for?
ESTA is an abbreviation for “Electronic System for Travel Authorization” powered by the USA government. This is an automated system that determines the eligibility of visitors to travel to the United States under the Visa Waiver Program.
How many kinds of applications are there for citizens of Afghanistan?
The US government offers you two types of applications as follows:
- Individual application: only one person can apply at a time.
- Group application: two or more people can apply at the same time. This sort is convenient for you if you are going to have a holiday with a group of friends or family.
What documents are needed to apply for an ESTA?
As this is an online application, you do not have to prepare as many papers as applying for a sticker visa. All you need to have are:
- A passport from a Visa Waiver Program country: passport is always the top important thing you have to hold in your hand before asking for a visa. In addition, your one must be valid at the time you take the application.
- An email address: since you do not need to go to the embassy, you have to provide an email address to get the latest information as well as your ESTA.
- A means of payment: an online application does not allow you to pay with cash. However, you can pick one among MasterCard, VISA, American Express or PayPal.
How can I get an ESTA?
In order to own an ESTA, you have to take three easy steps clearly guided in the lines below:
- First of all, you go to this link and fill in the boxes with some personal details such as name, nationality, date of birth, passport number, email address and your address. Because they are important information, make sure that you have no typo mistake by checking all of them again once finishing.
Pay and confirm
- The next step of the process is to pay for your ESTA. About the payment method, MasterCard, VISA, American Express and PayPal accounts are highly recommended.
Get your ESTA
- Several days after a successful application, your ESTA will be sent to your email address. Therefore, you should check it regularly so as not to miss any notifications. Then, you can print it out to show at the Immigration checkpoint.
How long does it take to get my ESTA?
You can select the time frame to receive your ESTA. We offer three kinds of processing period to make it flexible for you:
- Normal processing: 3 business days
- Emergency processing: 24 hours
- Rush processing: 12 hours
How much does an ESTA cost?
An ESTA requires you to make payment for two kinds of fees which are government and service. In details, the price for each one is shown as following:
Government fee: $14
- Normal processing: $59
- Emergency processing: $79
- Rush processing: $89
How long can I stay in the USA with my ESTA?
Holding an ESTA in your hand, you are allowed to visit this country for 90 days. Thus, for a perfect journey, you should plan everything reasonably to get the best experiences.
Where can I get more information about ESTA for citizens of Afghanistan?
Should you have any concerns during the application, please do not hesitate to go to our website and leave a message in the chat box. Your questions will be responded to by our experts in the shortest time to help you get an ESTA successfully.