From the past to the current time, the United States of America has been a top destination for tourists all over the world thanks to attractive landscapes and modern cities. In addition, there are also plenty of places for you to have fun and relax such as the Statue of Liberty, Disneyland, the Freedom trail and so on. Now, with the release of ESTA, residents of Benin can stay at home waiting for permission to enter the US. Let’s scroll down for more information!
Frequently asked questions about ESTA for citizens of Benin
What is an ESTA?
ESTA is a short word for “Electronic System for Travel Authorization”. This automated system is developed by the government of the USA in order to determine the eligibility of travelers to visit this country under the Visa Waiver Program.
How many ways are there to apply for an ESTA?
When taking an ESTA application, you will have two choices:
- Individual application: if you are going to take a holiday alone, it is the most suitable option for you. This kind of application is not too complex with takes you only about 5 minutes to fulfill.
- Group application: in case you have a group of friends accompanying you, it is better to pick this one because you do not have to apply for each person, which helps to save a lot of time.
What items are necessary for an ESTA application?
Before taking an ESTA request, make sure you do not miss any important thing as follows:
- A passport from a Visa Waiver Program country: you will have to provide some information about your passport such as expiry date and number. Hence, make sure that you own one before accessing the online form.
- An email address: the online form also asks for your email address to keep you updated with the latest information. Besides, this is the tool for you to get your ESTA when it is done.
- A means of payment: there are some options for you to pay for ESTA such as MasterCard, VISA, American Express or PayPal accounts. You cannot pay with cash as it is an online application.
How many steps does an ESTA application consist of?
An ESTA is very simple to apply. You do not have to go to the consulate to submit documents, take an interview and wait for a long time to get the result. Instead, you can follow the three steps below at home:
- There is an online form that is available on this site. You can access it and fill in the boxes your name, contact information, phone number, email address, passport number and other information required.
- Do not forget to have a check after you finish to make sure that there is no typo mistake made.
Pay and confirm
- If you apply for an ESTA, you are not allowed to pay with cash. Hence, we highly recommend you to make payment with MasterCard, VISA, American Express and PayPal accounts.
Get your ESTA
- Your ESTA will be delivered via email in a period of time after you submit the application. Therefore, remember to check your email frequently to receive it.
- You have to print your ESTA out and show it at the checkpoint to get permission for your journeys.
How long does it take to process an ESTA?
It usually takes a few days to process an ESTA. However, if you are in a rush, you can pick one of the services below:
- Normal processing: 3 business days
- Emergency processing: 24 hours
- Rush processing: 12 hours
How much do I have to spend for an ESTA?
An e-Visa cost includes two kinds of fees that you have to make payment for:
Government fee: $14
- Normal processing: $59
- Emergency processing: $79
- Rush processing: $89
How many days does an ESTA allow me to stay in America?
An ESTA gives you permission to take a 90-day trip to the US. During the valid period, you can come to this country as many times as you want as it offers multiple entries.
Where can I find more details about ESTA?
If you are confused about the process of applying for an ESTA, please visit our page and leave a message there. Our experts will reply to you as soon as possible to answer all of your questions and give you useful advice about the ESTA application.