In the past years, there have been more and more tourists from around the world choosing America as a destination for their holidays. When coming here, you will have a chance to contemplate the beauty of nature, participate in fun activities in Disneyland, the Magic Kingdom, etc. and go shopping for cool items in luxurious malls. Lately, it is not so difficult for nationals of the Cayman Islands to enter this country thanks to ESTA. If you do not know how to get one, let’s scroll down for detailed guidance!
Frequently asked questions about ESTA for citizens of Cayman Islands
What is an ESTA?
ESTA is a short word for “Electronic System for Travel Authorization”. This automated system is developed by the government of the USA in order to determine the eligibility of travelers to visit this country under the Visa Waiver Program.
How many types of applications are there?
To make it convenient for you, the government of the United States offers two kinds of application as below:
- Individual application: this one is most suitable for those who are taking the trip without accompanying anyone. It is not too difficult to because you just have to spend about 5 minutes answering all the questions given.
- Group application: if you go on holiday with more than two people, it is better to take a group application for being fast and convenient. Indeed, what you need to do is to fill in the blanks with some basic details regarding name, date of birth, nationality and so on.
What is needed for an ESTA request?
An ESTA does not ask you to provide a lot of papers. There are all the main items you are required to have:
- A passport from a Visa Waiver Program country: the first thing you must hold in your hand is a passport. Without it, you cannot have a successful application. Additionally, your one must be valid at the time you start the online form.
- An email address: this is the means for you to keep track of your ESTA. Hence, do not forget to check it regularly to get the latest notifications.
- A means of payment: MasterCard, VISA, American Express or PayPal accounts are all available. Therefore, you can choose any of them to pay for an ESTA.
How many stages does the application include?
The process of applying for an ESTA consists of three big parts as clearly described in the following lines.
The first thing you have to do with the application is to give some personal information about name, date of birth, e-mail address, passport, purposes of the trips and phone number by accessing this link.
Pay and confirm
- You can pay for your ESTA with MasterCard, VISA, American Express or PayPal accounts. Please keep in mind that cash is not accepted in this case.
Get your ESTA
- Within the timeframe you choose, you will receive your ESTA through an email. Then, you have to download and print it out to display at the Immigration Checkpoint.
How long can I receive my ESTA?
It usually takes a few days to process an ESTA. However, if you are in an unexpected situation, there are three services you can consider choosing:
- Normal processing: 3 business days
- Emergency processing: 24 hours
- Rush processing: 12 hours
How much is an ESTA?
To get an ESTA, you have to make payment for two kinds of fees called government and service. Particularly, they are listed as follows:
Government fee: $14
- Normal processing: $59
- Emergency processing: $79
- Rush processing: $89
How long can I stay in the US with an ESTA?
Holding an ESTA, you have the right to stay in the US for 90 days. Furthermore, you can take as many trips to this land as you want within the valid time thanks to multiple entries.
How can I get more details about ESTA?
Should you need further information about ESTA for citizens of the Cayman Islands, please contact us at our website to let us know all of your concerns. Our experts will help you out with useful advice and tips for a successful application.