Recently, America has written its name on the list of hot destinations for tourists from around the world. Once setting foot in this land, you will be surprised by the amazing landscapes that Mother Nature gives to this country. Also, it is known as the kingdom of fashion where you can find lots of cool items for your styles. If you are a national of China, you do not have to visit the embassy for a US visa any more thanks to ESTA. Let’s keep reading for instructions!
Frequently asked questions about ESTA for citizens of China
What is an ESTA?
ESTA is a short word for “Electronic System for Travel Authorization”. This automated system is developed by the government of the USA in order to determine the eligibility of travelers to visit this country under the Visa Waiver Program.
How many types of applications are there?
The USA government offers you two ways to request an ESTA which are described in the following lines:
- Individual application: if you do not accompany anyone on the trip, this will be the best choice for you. The process is very simple which takes you only a few minutes to fulfill.
- Group application: in case more than two people are traveling together, you should pick this kind of application for being fast and convenient. There will be a short form requiring basic information of the representative such as name, date of birth, nationality and so on.
What items are necessary for an ESTA request?
There is no need to worry about the documents of an ESTA application because there are only three main things you have to prepare:
- A passport from a Visa Waiver Program country: when taking the online form, it will ask for some data about your passport regarding the issued date, expiry date, etc. Hence, you cannot fail to own a valid one.
- An email address: this is an important means which keeps you updated with the latest notifications as well as delivers your ESTA. Thus, you should fill in the blank the one you use frequently so as not to miss any information.
- A means of payment: You can pay for your ESTA with MasterCard, VISA, American Express or PayPal accounts except for cash.
How many stages does the application include?
In total, there are three main steps that you have to follow carefully for a successful request:
- First of all, you go to this site and respond to all the questions given. There will be questions related to name, e-mail address, passport, purposes of visiting and phone number. As the answers consist of many numbers, you had better check everything again to avoid making mistakes.
Pay and confirm
- You can pay for your ESTA with MasterCard, VISA, American Express or PayPal accounts. Please keep in mind that cash is not accepted in this case.
Get your ESTA
- When you are done with your payment, you should check your email constantly to receive your ESTA.
- Then, you have to print it out and show it at the Immigration Checkpoint.
How long can I receive my ESTA?
To make it flexible for your trip, we offer three different timeframes so that you can select the most appropriate one:
- Normal processing: 3 business days
- Emergency processing: 24 hours
- Rush processing: 12 hours
How much is an ESTA?
The total fee depends on what kind of service you choose. There are two types of fee that you have to pay as listed:
Government fee: $14
- Normal processing: $59
- Emergency processing: $79
- Rush processing: $89
How long can I stay in the US with an ESTA?
Possessing an ESTA, you are allowed to stay in the US for a maximum of 90 days. Besides, you can take more than one journey to this destination within the valid time thanks to multiple entries.
How can I know more about ESTA?
For further information about ESTA, you can go to our website and raise your questions in the box on the right side, we will be there to support you in the shortest time.