Being famous for beautiful landscapes spreading all over the country, America has been one of the most favorite destinations that lots of tourists choose for their holidays. Besides, on arrival here, you will have a chance to have fun in well-known sites such as the Magic Kingdom, Disneyland and so on. Lately, it is not too difficult for residents of Christmas Island to enter this land thanks to ESTA. If you have not heard about this item, let’s keep reading for more details!
Frequently asked questions about ESTA for citizens of Christmas Island
What is an ESTA?
ESTA is a short word for “Electronic System for Travel Authorization”. This automated system is developed by the government of the USA in order to determine the eligibility of travelers to visit this country under the Visa Waiver Program.
How many types of applications are there?
In accordance with the current regulations, travelers can apply for an ESTA in two ways:
- Individual application: if you are going to go on vacation alone, this is the most suitable option for you. There will be an online form with questions about nationality, name, passport, etc. in it. Your job is to answer all of them correctly.
- Group application: it would not be convenient for people traveling together to request an ESTA for every member in the group. Hence, this kind of application is introduced to make it easier for them.
What items are necessary for an ESTA request?
There are not many documents needed for an ESTA application compared with those of a normal visa request. Indeed, all you must have available are:
- A passport from a Visa Waiver Program country: it is super vital to own a passport if you are going to travel to another nation. Without a valid one, you will not be offered an ESTA.
- An email address: the form also asks for your email address in order to send the latest information as well as to deliver your ESTA.
- A means of payment: You can pay for your ESTA with MasterCard, VISA, American Express or PayPal accounts except for cash.
How many stages does the application include?
It is not too complex to request an ESTA for citizens of Christmas Island. The process is cut down to three main steps as guided below:
- First of all, let’s go to this address to provide your personal information as well as answer some questions related to your passport. You should be careful with numbers and spelling as they might result in failure if you make any mistakes.
Pay and confirm
- You will have to pay the fee of your ESTA when the application is done. About the means of payment, you can choose any way among MasterCard, VISA, American Express or PayPal accounts. Please keep in mind that cash is not accepted in this case.
Get your ESTA
- After the payment, you should spend some time checking your email frequently to be kept updated with the newest notifications. If there is nothing wrong, your ESTA will arrive within the timeframe that you choose.
How long can I receive my ESTA?
It does not take long to process an ESTA. Usually, it will be done a few days after a successful request. However, if in an urgent situation, you can pick one of the services below:
- Normal processing: 3 business days
- Emergency processing: 24 hours
- Rush processing: 12 hours
How much is an ESTA?
An ESTA includes two kinds of fees called government and service. Particularly, the price for each one is as listed:
Government fee: $14
- Normal processing: $59
- Emergency processing: $79
- Rush processing: $89
How long can I stay in the US with an ESTA?
The duration of your trip to America with an ESTA is 90 days. Furthermore, you can enter this beautiful destination more than one time thanks to multiple entries.
How can I know more about ESTA?
If you still have some concerns about ESTA for citizens of Christmas Island, do not hesitate to contact us to raise your questions. We are always willing to support you as much as we can to help you get one successfully.