For many years, the United States of America has been well-known among tourists for impressive landscapes, fashionable items, fun places for entertainment, modern cities and so on. For those elements, the number of travelers coming each year for holidays keeps rising and rising. Being on the list of eligible countries for an ESTA, nationals of Cocos Islands do not need to apply for a visa anymore. If you are curious about what it is, let’s keep reading for details in the following lines!
Frequently asked questions about ESTA for citizens of Cocos Island
What is an ESTA?
ESTA is a short word for “Electronic System for Travel Authorization”. This automated system is developed by the government of the USA in order to determine the eligibility of travelers to visit this country under the Visa Waiver Program.
How many types of applications are there?
The US government offers two kinds of applications to make it convenient for tourists. In particular, they are as described:
- Individual application: this one is mainly offered for people who want to travel on their own. It is not difficult to apply as there are just a few questions you need to respond to.
- Group application: it is much better to pick this choice if you accompany a group of friends to the US because it does not ask you to request for everyone. Instead, only one representative has to provide some basic data for the whole group, which helps to save a lot of time.
What items are necessary for an ESTA request?
There are three main things in total you must have before taking an ESTA application:
- A passport from a Visa Waiver Program country: is the most important item you cannot miss for a successful request. Additionally, it must be valid to avoid rejection.
- An email address: this is the means for you to know the newest information as well as to get your ESTA. Therefore, do not forget to give an accurate one and check it carefully.
- A means of payment: You can pay for your ESTA with MasterCard, VISA, American Express or PayPal accounts except for cash.
How many stages does the application include?
It is not too complex to request an ESTA for citizens of Christmas Island. The process is cut down to three main steps as guided below:
- You have to spend about 5 minutes accessing this link to answer some questions about name, date of birth, e-mail address, passport, purposes of the trips and phone number.
- After providing all the information required, do not forget to go over your online form again to avoid being turned down due to mistakes.
Pay and confirm
- You will have to pay the fee of your ESTA when the application is done. About the means of payment, you can choose any way among MasterCard, VISA, American Express or PayPal accounts. Please keep in mind that cash is not accepted in this case.
Get your ESTA
- After the arrival of your ESTA, you have to download and print it out to display at the Immigration Checkpoint.
How long can I receive my ESTA?
Several days after the request, your ESTA will be sent through email. Nonetheless, you can select one of these services for urgent situations:
- Normal processing: 3 business days
- Emergency processing: 24 hours
- Rush processing: 12 hours
How much is an ESTA?
To possess an ESTA, you have to make payment for both government and service fees. The price for each one is listed as below:
Government fee: $14
- Normal processing: $59
- Emergency processing: $79
- Rush processing: $89
How long can I stay in the US with an ESTA?
Holding an ESTA, you are permitted to visit the US for 90 days. Plus, with multiple entries, you can come to this nation as many times as you want.
How can I know more about ESTA?
Please do not hesitate to contact us at our website and raise all of your questions in the box if you have any concerns. Our experts will support you with detailed and useful information to help you get an ESTA in the shortest time.