Owning lots of poetry landscapes in autumn, colorful scenery in spring, white snow in winter and yellow sunshine in summer, the United States of America has been an ideal destination for travelers who have a deep love for nature. Besides, this is also the land of world heritages where you can have a close look at famous symbols such as the Statue of Liberty, Cahokia and Independence Hall. Lately, it has been easier for tourists from Ethiopia to enter this country with an ESTA. Let’s keep reading for details if you want to possess one!
Frequently asked questions about ESTA for citizens of Ethiopia
What is an ESTA?
ESTA is a short word for “Electronic System for Travel Authorization”. This automated system is developed by the government of the USA in order to determine the eligibility of travelers to visit this country under the Visa Waiver Program.
How many types of applications are there?
There are two kinds of applications for you to request an ESTA as follows:
- Individual application: is mostly preferred by people flying to America alone. Your job is just to take the online form and fill in it with personal and passport details, which takes you only a few minutes to finish all.
- Group application: is a better choice for those traveling together as it does not require you to apply for every member in the group. Instead, one person will respond to the questions given on behalf of other folks.
What is necessary for an ESTA request?
To get ready for the application, you should prepare the following items carefully:
- A passport from a Visa Waiver Program country: since the form has some questions related to your passport, you must have one to give the answers to those queries.
- An email address: is the means which delivers the latest notifications about your ESTA to you. Hence, do not forget to spend some time checking it to keep track of everything.
- A means of payment: You can pay for your ESTA with MasterCard, VISA, American Express or PayPal accounts except for cash.
How many stages does the application include?
Here are the three main steps you can take to request an ESTA:
- This site contains an application form in which you are asked to provide all the data regarding passport, name, date of birth, nationality, etc. All information must be true and accurate so that the request will not be turned down.
Pay and confirm
- You will have to pay the fee of your ESTA when the request is done. About the means of payment, you can choose any way among MasterCard, VISA, American Express or PayPal accounts. Please keep in mind that cash is not available in this case.
Get your ESTA
- Your ESTA will come to your email address a few days after you send the request. Then, you can print it out for entering permission on arrival in America.
How long can I receive my ESTA?
Depending on how rush your journey is, you can choose the most suitable timeframe to process your ESTA. There are three options for you as follows:
- Normal processing: 3 business days
- Emergency processing: 24 hours
- Rush processing: 12 hours
How much is an ESTA?
An ESTA includes two kinds of fees that you have to pay which are government and service. The price for each one is detailed in the following lines:
Government fee: $14
- Normal processing: $59
- Emergency processing: $79
- Rush processing: $89
How long can I stay in the US with an ESTA?
An ESTA gives you permission to stay in this country for 90 days. Furthermore, you can enter the US as many times as you would like thanks to the benefits of multiple countries.
How can I know more about ESTA?
Should you need more details about ESTA, do not hesitate to send us a message via the chatbox on this website. Our experts will respond to your questions in the shortest time to help you get one successfully.