America has been known as one of the biggest trade areas of the world, the kingdom of fashion and the land of poetry scenery. Therefore, it is not surprising that the number of tourists visiting this country has risen in recent years. Besides, when spending a holiday here, you can also participate in fun activities at famous sites such as Disneyland, the Magic Kingdom and so on. Lately, traveling to the US is not very difficult for nationals of the Faroe Islands thanks to ESTA. Let’s keep reading for guidance if you want to get one!
Frequently asked questions about ESTA for citizens of Faroe Islands
What is an ESTA?
ESTA is a short word for “Electronic System for Travel Authorization”. This automated system is developed by the government of the USA in order to determine the eligibility of travelers to visit this country under the Visa Waiver Program.
How many types of applications are there?
There are two kinds of applications available for you on the system as follows:
- Individual application: is the only option for those flying to the US on their own. The form is quite simple for you as there are only a few questions related to personal and passport details. Your job is to finish it accurately.
- Group application: if there are more than two people accompanying you, it is much better to take a group request because it can help to save a lot of your time. Indeed, you do not have to get an ESTA for everyone since the form just needs a representative to provide all the necessary data.
What is necessary for an ESTA request?
Here is the list of items you are required to prepare for an ESTA application:
- A passport from a Visa Waiver Program country: it is always vital to have a passport with you if you are planning for a trip to other countries. Moreover, your one must be valid in order not to get refusion.
- An email address: you will need to fill in the blank with your email address so that you do not fail to get any new notifications.
- A means of payment: You can pay for your ESTA with MasterCard, VISA, American Express or PayPal accounts except for cash.
How many stages does the application include?
The process is very simple with these main steps:
- First of all, you can go to this site to get the online form. There will be questions about your personal and passport details regarding name, date of birth, nationality, etc. As the information consists of many numbers and important details, you should go over everything again to make sure that there is no mistake.
Pay and confirm
- You will have to pay the fee of your ESTA when the request is done. About the means of payment, you can choose any way among MasterCard, VISA, American Express or PayPal accounts. Please keep in mind that cash is not available in this case.
Get your ESTA
- Your ESTA will be done and delivered to you a few days after you send the request. Then, to get permission for your journey, please print it out to show it at the immigration checkpoint.
How long can I receive my ESTA?
It usually takes several days to process an ESTA. However, if you do not have time and cannot wait for it, you can pick one of the services below:
- Normal processing: 3 business days
- Emergency processing: 24 hours
- Rush processing: 12 hours
How much is an ESTA?
There are two kinds of fees included in the cost of an ESTA. In detail, they are shown in the following lines:
Government fee: $14
- Normal processing: $59
- Emergency processing: $79
- Rush processing: $89
How long can I stay in the US with an ESTA?
90 is the maximum number of days you can visit the US with an ESTA. Additionally, you can take as many trips as you would like thanks to the benefits of multiple entries.
How can I know more about ESTA?
Should you have any difficulties during the process, please let us know by leaving a message in the box on this website. Our experts whose lots of experience in this field will respond to your questions as soon as possible to help you out with useful information.