Recently, the number of tourists coming to the United States for vacations has risen at a high rate for lots of reasons. Besides the amazing scenery spreading throughout the country, this is also known as the land of the world’s heritages where famous sites such as the Statue of Liberty or Independence Hall are located in. Additionally, with numerous shopping malls gathering downtown, you can purchase many fashionable items for your style. These days, thanks to the release of ESTA, travelers from the Gambia do not have to visit the consulate anymore. Let’s keep reading for instruction if you want to possess one!
Frequently asked questions about ESTA for citizens of Gambia
What is an ESTA?
ESTA is a short word for “Electronic System for Travel Authorization”. This automated system is developed by the government of the USA in order to determine the eligibility of travelers to visit this country under the Visa Waiver Program.
How many types of applications are there?
The US government offers two kinds of applications for visitors to request an ESTA:
- Individual application: this is the fastest way for you to ask for an ESTA if you do not accompany anyone else on the trip. Your job is to answer some questions regarding personal and passport details, which takes only a few minutes to be fulfilled.
- Group application: in case you fly to the US with some mates or family members, it is much more convenient to apply in this way since it helps to save lots of time. In detail, you do not have to request an ESTA for everyone as the representative will do that for the whole group as long as they share the same nationality.
What is necessary for an ESTA request?
To get ready for an ESTA application, make sure you have all of the following items:
- A passport from a Visa Waiver Program country: the first thing you are required to have is a valid passport. As there will be queries related to it in the form such as issued and expiry date, you will have to respond to them accurately.
- An email address: is also indispensable since you will get the latest notifications through this means. Hence, please remember to check it frequently to be kept updated.
- A means of payment: You can pay for your ESTA with MasterCard, VISA, American Express or PayPal accounts except for cash.
How many stages does the application include?
The process includes three big steps for you to follow as clearly guided in the following lines:
- The first thing you can do to start the application is to visit this site for the online form. Then, you have to fill in the blanks with some necessary information about you and your passport. To avoid troubles caused by mistakes later, you should check everything again to make sure that they are all true and accurate.
Pay and confirm
- You are required to charge for the fee of your ESTA when the request is done. As for the means of payment, you can choose any way among MasterCard, VISA, American Express or PayPal accounts. Please keep in mind that cash is not available in this case.
Get your ESTA
- You will have to print your ESTA out as soon as it arrives to show it at the checkpoint for entering permission.
How long can I receive my ESTA?
Normally, your ESTA will be done and sent to you a few days after requesting. Nonetheless, our service offers three different timeframes so that you can pick the most suitable one for your schedule:
- Normal processing: 3 business days
- Emergency processing: 24 hours
- Rush processing: 12 hours
How much is an ESTA?
The price of an ESTA will change according to the levels of urgency. In detail, they are as listed:
Government fee: $14
- Normal processing: $59
- Emergency processing: $79
- Rush processing: $89
How long can I stay in the US with an ESTA?
Holding an ESTA in your hand, you will have the right to visit this country for 90 days as a maximum. Furthermore, with the benefits of multiple entries, you can enter the US as many times as you want within the valid period.
How can I know more about ESTA?
If you are still concerned about ESYA for citizens of Gambia, please do not hesitate to contact us on our website for help. Our experts will respond to your questions in the shortest time to help you out with useful advice.