For a long time, America has been listed as one of the most popular destinations for tourism thanks to lots of factors. First of all, this is the land of numerous impressive scenery that tourists cannot forget once contemplating. Additionally, there are many famous sites for you to visit such as the Statue of Liberty, Independence Hall, Disneyland and so on. Recently, entering this beautiful land has not been so difficult for travelers from Gabon thanks to the introduction of ESTA. Let’s scroll down for details if you are interested in this item!
Frequently asked questions about ESTA for citizens of Gabon
What is an ESTA?
ESTA is a short word for “Electronic System for Travel Authorization”. This automated system is developed by the government of the USA in order to determine the eligibility of travelers to visit this country under the Visa Waiver Program.
How many types of applications are there?
You can apply for an ESTA in two ways as described in the following lines:
- Individual application: this is the only choice for those who are flying to the US alone. The process is quite simple with some quick steps that cost you a few minutes to fulfill.
- Group application: is a better option for travelers taking a trip together. Taking this kind of application, you can save a lot of time as it does not ask you to request an ESTA for every member. Instead, only one person has to respond to the questions given in the form.
What is necessary for an ESTA request?
Here is the list of items that are vital for an ESTA application:
- A passport from a Visa Waiver Program country: you are required to have a passport in order to give its detail in the online form. Moreover, your one must be valid to avoid rejection.
- An email address: is an important thing which helps you get the latest notifications about your ESTA. Therefore, please provide the one you use regularly so as not to miss any points.
- A means of payment: You can pay for your ESTA with MasterCard, VISA, American Express or PayPal accounts except for cash.
How many stages does the application include?
There are three main steps in total that you can follow to request an ESTA:
- You can start the application by giving all the details regarding your name, passport, nationality, date of birth, etc. in the form on this site. Do not forget to check everything again before submitting to see if there is any mistake made.
Pay and confirm
- You are required to charge for the fee of your ESTA when the request is done. As for the means of payment, you can choose any way among MasterCard, VISA, American Express or PayPal accounts. Please keep in mind that cash is not available in this case.
Get your ESTA
- After a few days, you can get your ESTA via email. The last thing you have to do is to print it out for checking at the checkpoint.
How long can I receive my ESTA?
It usually takes several days for your ESTA to be processed. However, you can pick one of the following services in case of urgency:
- Normal processing: 3 business days
- Emergency processing: 24 hours
- Rush processing: 12 hours
How much is an ESTA?
The cost of an ESTA comprises government and service fees. Nonetheless, it mainly depends on what kind of service you choose:
Government fee: $14
- Normal processing: $59
- Emergency processing: $79
- Rush processing: $89
How long can I stay in the US with an ESTA?
An ESTA offers you 90 days of staying in America with multiple entries. Hence, you can show up in this country as many times as you would like.
How can I know more about ESTA?
Should you need more details about ESTA for citizens of Gabon, please visit us on our website for help. Your questions will be answered by our experts with lots of experience in this field to help you get one successfully.