ESTA FOR CITIZENS OF FRENCH SOUTHERN TERRITORIES
If you get stuck in the where-to-go list for the next vacation, America is a nice suggestion for you with lots of interesting things to discover. For example, you can contemplate attractive scenery in the daytime and go shopping in luxurious malls in the evening. Besides, there are also famous heritages for you to visit such as the Statue of Liberty and Independence Hall. If you are a citizen of the French Southern Territories who are planning for a trip to the US, applying for an ESTA is highly recommended for you. Let’s read for details in the following lines.
Frequently asked questions about ESTA for citizens of French Southern Territories
What is an ESTA?
ESTA is a short word for “Electronic System for Travel Authorization”. This automated system is developed by the government of the USA in order to determine the eligibility of travelers to visit this country under the Visa Waiver Program.
How many types of applications are there?
According to the current regulations, there are two ways for applicants to request an ESTA as listed:
- Individual application: if you are going to visit the US alone, this is the most convenient option for you which takes only a few minutes to be done. Indeed, you just have to answer some queries regarding your personal and passport data.
- Group application: this one is offered for those who travel in groups of more than two people. Applying this way, you can save a lot of time as it does not ask you to request for each member. Instead, one person will be the representative responding to all the questions given.
What is necessary for an ESTA request?
An ESTA application requires you to submit three following items:
- A passport from a Visa Waiver Program country: as the form will ask for details about your passport such as issued and expiry date, make sure you have one already to give answers to those queries.
- An email address: is the means which helps you keep track of your ESTA. Therefore, you should turn on the notifications so as not to miss any important points.
- A means of payment: You can pay for your ESTA with MasterCard, VISA, American Express or PayPal accounts except for cash.
How many stages does the application include?
Here are the three steps that you can follow for a successful request:
- This site has an online form in which you have to provide details about your name, passport, date of birth, nationality, etc. make sure there is no wrong information by going over the form before moving on to the next part.
Pay and confirm
- You are required to charge for the fee of your ESTA when the request is done. As for the means of payment, you can choose any way among MasterCard, VISA, American Express or PayPal accounts. Please keep in mind that cash is not available in this case.
Get your ESTA
- Your ESTA will be done several days after you send the request. To get ready for the trip, you should print it out and show it at the checkpoint for entering permission.
How long can I receive my ESTA?
By considering how rush your trip is, you can pick one of the following services to make it fit your plan:
- Normal processing: 3 business days
- Emergency processing: 24 hours
- Rush processing: 12 hours
How much is an ESTA?
The cost of an ESTA comprises two parts which are called government and service fees as detailed:
Government fee: $14
- Normal processing: $59
- Emergency processing: $79
- Rush processing: $89
How long can I stay in the US with an ESTA?
With an ESTA, you are allowed to visit this country for a maximum of 90 days. In addition, you also have the right to enter the US as many times as you would like thanks to multiple entries.
How can I know more about ESTA?
If you find it difficult to request an ESTA, do not hesitate to contact us for help by raising all of your concerns in the box on the right side. Our experts are always willing to support you for a successful application.