ESTA FOR CITIZENS OF GHANA
Being on the list of must-come destinations for tourism, it is not surprising that the number of travelers visiting the US has been rising at a high rate. For a long time, this country has been famous for attractive landscapes which are not easy to find anywhere else. Also, there are many sites with fun activities for you to relax such as Disneyland or the Magic Kingdom. If you are from Ghana who would like to spend a vacation in America, you do not have to visit the embassy for a visa anymore thanks to ESTA. Let’s scroll down to know what it is!
Frequently asked questions about ESTA for citizens of Ghana
What is an ESTA?
ESTA is a short word for “Electronic System for Travel Authorization”. This automated system is developed by the government of the USA in order to determine the eligibility of travelers to visit this country under the Visa Waiver Program.
How many types of applications are there?
An ESTA request can be applied in two ways as follows:
- Individual application: is popular among those who take a trip to the US on their own. The process is not very difficult for applicants as there are only a few questions given in a short form.
- Group application: to make it convenient for people traveling in groups, the US government has introduced this kind of application with lots of benefits. Indeed, you do not have to request an ESTA for every person, which helps to save a lot of time.
What is necessary for an ESTA request?
There are not many things you have to prepare for an ESTA application. What you need for it are the following items:
- A passport from a Visa Waiver Program country: is the top important thing you must hold in your hand to travel to other countries. Please have a look at its expiry date to make sure that it is still valid.
- An email address: you are also asked to provide an email address in order to keep track of your ESTA. Hence, you should check it carefully so as not to miss any latest points.
- A means of payment: You can pay for your ESTA with MasterCard, VISA, American Express or PayPal accounts except for cash.
How many stages does the application include?
The whole process consists of three main steps which are clearly shown in the following lines:
- The first thing you have to do is to take the online form from this site. After that, you can fill in the blanks with details related to name, passport, date of birth, contact number, etc.
- Please go over the form when you are finished to see if there is any wrong detail.
Pay and confirm
- You are required to charge for the fee of your ESTA when the request is done. As for the means of payment, you can choose any way among MasterCard, VISA, American Express or PayPal accounts. Please keep in mind that cash is not available in this case.
Get your ESTA
- Your ESTA will be done and delivered to you a few days after requesting. Then, you have to print it out and bring it with you to the checkpoint to start your journey.
How long can I receive my ESTA?
You can decide the timeframe to process your ESTA. Here are the three options that you can choose to fit your schedule:
- Normal processing: 3 business days
- Emergency processing: 24 hours
- Rush processing: 12 hours
How much is an ESTA?
There are two kinds of fees you need to pay for an ESTA:
Government fee: $14
- Normal processing: $59
- Emergency processing: $79
- Rush processing: $89
How long can I stay in the US with an ESTA?
You will have the right to stay in the US for 90 days with an ESTA in your hand. Moreover, you can go on another holiday later thanks to multiple entries.
How can I know more about ESTA?
Should you need more details about ESTA, please contact us by leaving a message in the box on our homepage. We will respond to your questions in the shortest time to help you get one successfully.