In recent years, America has written its name on the list of must-come destinations for tourism thanks to many elements. First of all, this is the land of impressive landscapes which tourists cannot forget once contemplating. Besides, there are also places for you to have fun such as Disneyland, the Magic Kingdom, National Park and so on. These days, thanks to the release of ESTA, citizens of Gibraltar no longer have to go to the embassy for a sticker visa. If you are interested and would like to get one, please scroll down for instruction!
Frequently asked questions about ESTA for citizens of Gibraltar
What is an ESTA?
ESTA is a short word for “Electronic System for Travel Authorization”. This automated system is developed by the government of the USA in order to determine the eligibility of travelers to visit this country under the Visa Waiver Program.
How many types of applications are there?
In accordance with the system, there are two kinds of applications available for visitors to request an ESTA as follows:
- Individual application: this one is most suitable for travelers who are going to fly to the US alone. The request form is quite simple with some basic personal and passport details required.
- Group application: is highly suggested for people going on holidays in groups. This kind of application helps to save a lot of time as only one representative has to answer all of the questions given.
What is necessary for an ESTA request?
Here are the three items that you are not allowed to miss for an ESTA application:
- A passport from a Visa Waiver Program country: is the most important thing you must possess when requesting an ESTA. Make sure that your one is still valid by checking its expiry date.
- An email address: you will need to provide one to receive the latest notifications about your ESTA. Hence, please consider giving the one you use frequently so as not to lose track of the process.
- A means of payment: You can pay for your ESTA with MasterCard, VISA, American Express or PayPal accounts except for cash.
How many stages does the application include?
There are three big steps in total that you have to follow to apply for an ESTA:
- First of all, you go to this link and enter all the data about your personal and passport details. To avoid problems later, please have a check to see if there is any mistake before sending the request.
Pay and confirm
- You are required to charge for the fee of your ESTA when the request is done. As for the means of payment, you can choose any way among MasterCard, VISA, American Express or PayPal accounts. Please keep in mind that cash is not available in this case.
Get your ESTA
- Your ESTA will arrive through email in several days. Then, do not forget to print it out to get ready for the trip.
How long can I receive my ESTA?
Usually, your ESTA will be done in a few days. However, our service offers you three different timeframes so that you can manage in urgent situations:
- Normal processing: 3 business days
- Emergency processing: 24 hours
- Rush processing: 12 hours
How much is an ESTA?
An ESTA asks you to pay two kinds of fees which are called government and service. Please notice that there are three prices for the latter:
Government fee: $14
- Normal processing: $59
- Emergency processing: $79
- Rush processing: $89
How long can I stay in the US with an ESTA?
You are allowed to stay in the US for 90 days with a valid ESTA. In addition, you can come to this country for another holiday later thanks to multiple entries.
How can I know more about ESTA?
Should you need further details or help, please contact us on our website or send a message via the chatbox. We are always willing to support you with useful guidance so that you can get an ESTA successfully.