There are thousands of interesting things for you to discover in America. For that reason, it is not surprising to see the number of tourists coming to this country rise each year. On arrival in the US, you will have a chance to contemplate its impressive nature spreading a vast area. Besides, there are also famous heritages of the world honored by UNESCO gathering here for you to have a close look at. If you are a national of Greenland who would like to spend a holiday in America, applying for an ESTA is highly recommended to you. Let’s keep reading for details!
Frequently asked questions about ESTA for citizens of Greenland
What is an ESTA?
ESTA is a short word for “Electronic System for Travel Authorization”. This automated system is developed by the government of the USA in order to determine the eligibility of travelers to visit this country under the Visa Waiver Program.
How many types of applications are there?
According to the current regulations, there are two ways for applicants to request an ESTA as follows:
- Individual application: is mainly offered for those who are flying to the US alone. It is not very complex for you since the form just asks for basic details regarding name, date of birth, passport, etc.
- Group application: this one would be a better option for you if you travel to the US with friends or family. Indeed, it helps to save a lot of time because only one representative has to respond to all the questions given on behalf of the others.
What is necessary for an ESTA request?
What you need to prepare for an ESTA application are:
- A passport from a Visa Waiver Program country: is an indispensable item for an ESTA request. Therefore, make sure you have one already and it is still valid at the time you ask for this permit.
- An email address: because this is an online application, you do not have to go to the embassy as when requesting a normal visa. Thus, email is an important means delivering the latest notifications to you, which is the reason why you are required to provide one.
- A means of payment: You can pay for your ESTA with MasterCard, VISA, American Express or PayPal accounts except for cash.
How many stages does the application include?
Here are three big steps that you can follow to request an ESTA:
- This site gives you an online form in which you have to enter data about you and your passport. Please spend some time having a look at what you have just typed to see if any mistake is made.
Pay and confirm
- You are required to charge for the fee of your ESTA when the request is done. As for the means of payment, you can choose any way among MasterCard, VISA, American Express or PayPal accounts. Please keep in mind that cash is not available in this case.
Get your ESTA
- Your ESTA will be processed and sent to you in several days. Then, you can print it out to bring with you to the checkpoint for entering permission.
How long can I receive my ESTA?
You can make a decision about the time to get your ESTA. Our service offers you three options so that you can pick the most suitable one:
- Normal processing: 3 business days
- Emergency processing: 24 hours
- Rush processing: 12 hours
How much is an ESTA?
To own an ESTA, you have to charge for both government and service fees. In detail, the price for each one is as listed:
Government fee: $14
- Normal processing: $59
- Emergency processing: $79
- Rush processing: $89
How long can I stay in the US with an ESTA?
Holding an ESTA, you will be allowed to visit the US for 90 days as a maximum. Also, with the benefits of multiple entries, you can enter this nation as many times as you would like.
How can I know more about ESTA?
Should you need further information about ESTA, please visit us on our website to know more about this permit. Your concerns will be replied to by our experts whose lots of experience in this field to help you get one successfully.