If you are looking for a destination where there are both attractive scenery and famous heritages of the world for you to contemplate, America would be one of the best choices for you. Coming to this country, you will be surprised by its impressive landscapes coming different every season. Besides, there are also places for you to have fun and relax such as Disneyland and the Magic Kingdom. Lately, with the introduction of ESTA, nationals from Guernsey do not have to visit the embassy for a visa anymore. Let’s keep reading for details!
Frequently asked questions about ESTA for citizens of Guernsey
What is an ESTA?
ESTA is a short word for “Electronic System for Travel Authorization”. This automated system is developed by the government of the USA in order to determine the eligibility of travelers to visit this country under the Visa Waiver Program.
How many types of applications are there?
The government of the USA offers you two kinds of applications to make it fit your case:
- Individual application: if you go to the USA alone, this is the best and only option you can choose. With this choice, you have to spend only about 5 minutes fulfilling the online form.
- Group application: this one is introduced to cut down on the time wasted when you travel in a group of more than two people. What you need to do is to fill in the blanks necessary information required.
What is necessary for an ESTA request?
An ESTA application asks you to submit these items:
- A passport from a Visa Waiver Program country: passport is always the top important thing you have to hold in your hand before asking for a visa. In addition, your one must be valid at the time you take the application.
- An email address: since you do not need to go to the embassy, you have to provide an email address to get the latest information as well as your ESTA.
- A means of payment: an online application does not allow you to pay with cash. However, you can pick one among MasterCard, VISA, American Express or PayPal.
How many stages does the application include?
To successfully get an ESTA, you have to take the following stages carefully:
- You can go to this link and answer all the questions related to your name, date of birth, e-mail address, passport, purposes of the trips and phone number.
- You should have a look back at what you have just typed before submitting to avoid troubles later.
Pay and confirm
- As you cannot pay with cash, you have to own at least one means of payment among MasterCard, VISA, American Express or PayPal accounts.
Get your ESTA
- You can download, print your ESTA out and show it at the Immigration Checkpoint after its arrival via your email.
How long can I receive my ESTA?
You can decide the period of time to process your ESTA, there are three kinds of processing as below:
- Normal processing: 3 business days
- Emergency processing: 24 hours
- Rush processing: 12 hours
How much is an ESTA?
To get an ESTA for citizens of Guernsey, you have to make payment for two types of fees which are for government and service. About the latter, there are three options from which you can choose one:
Government fee: $14
- Normal processing: $59
- Emergency processing: $79
- Rush processing: $89
How long can I stay in the US with an ESTA?
With an ESTA for nationals of Guernsey, you are allowed to stay in America for 90 days. Make sure you plan everything reasonably to have the best experience.
How can I know more about ESTA?
Should you need further information about ESTA, please visit us at our website to get more details and advice from our experts. We always welcome and support you as soon as possible.