If you want to take a trip to North America where there are attractive landscapes for you to contemplate, the United States will be one of the best suggestions for you. On entering here, you will find out that this country is full of interesting things you have never known before. Additionally, you will have a chance to purchase the latest collections of famous brands in the shopping malls gathering downtown. These days, it has been much easier for tourists from Japan to visit the US thanks to ESTA. Let’s keep reading to find out what it is!
Frequently asked questions about ESTA for citizens of Japan
What is an ESTA?
ESTA is a short word for “Electronic System for Travel Authorization”. This automated system is developed by the government of the USA in order to determine the eligibility of travelers to visit this country under the Visa Waiver Program.
How many types of applications are there?
You can request an ESTA in two ways which are described below:
- Individual application: is mainly available for travelers who do not accompany anyone else on their trip. This one requires detailed information about you and your passport such as name, date of birth, contact number, etc. However, it takes you only a few minutes to fulfill.
- Group application: if you visit the US with a group of mates and all of you have the same nationality, it is better to apply in this way since it is fast and convenient. Indeed, just one person has to answer all the queries, which helps to reduce the time wasted.
What is necessary for an ESTA request?
Here are all the items you must prepare for an ESTA application:
- A passport from a Visa Waiver Program country: is always necessary for a trip abroad. Nevertheless, kindly take a look at your passport’s expiry date to make sure that it still works at the time you ask for an ESTA.
- An email address: is also an important thing you cannot fail to provide in the online form. This is the tool through which new notifications about your ESTA are sent to you. Therefore, do not forget to check it frequently so as not to miss any points.
- A means of payment: there are different ways that you can pick to pay for your ESTA with MasterCard, VISA, American Express or PayPal accounts.
How many stages does the application include?
There are three big steps that an ESTA request comprises. Your job is to follow them carefully for a successful application:
- First of all, you can visit this link for the online form. Then, you are required to enter the blanks with true and accurate answers regarding you and your passport. Kindly go over all the data when you are finished to see if any mistakes are made.
Pay and confirm
- MasterCard, VISA, American Express and PayPal accounts are all accepted as a method of payment. Therefore, you can pick the one which you have already got to pay for your ESTA.
Get your ESTA
- Your ESTA will arrive through your email in a few days. After that, you can get ready for your journey by printing it out to show at the checkpoint.
How long can I receive my ESTA?
The time needed to process your ESTA relies on your selections of the timeframes. By considering how urgent your trip is, you can pick one among the options listed:
- Normal processing: 3 business days
- Emergency processing: 24 hours
- Rush processing: 12 hours
How much is an ESTA?
Basically, you have to charge for government and service fees to get an ESTA. Nonetheless, the total amount of money will change according to the level of urgency:
Government fee: $14
- Normal processing: $59
- Emergency processing: $79
- Rush processing: $89
How long can I stay in the US with an ESTA?
90 is the maximum number of days you are allowed to stay in the US. In addition, an ESTA gives you permission for multiple entries, which means you can enter this country as many times as you would like.
How can I know more about ESTA?
Should there be anything wrong with the application, please contact us for help by leaving a message in the box on our website. We will respond to your questions as soon as possible to help you get an ESTA successfully.