ESTA FOR CITIZENS OF JERSEY
Being known as one of the most attractive destinations for tourism, it is not surprising that there are more and more visitors choosing the US for their holidays. When coming here, you will be surprised by its colorful nature varying differently when seasons change. Besides, it is also known as the kingdom of fashion where you can hunt for your favorite items. If you are from Jersey and would like to visit America, applying for an ESTA is the first thing you should do because it brings you lots of benefits. Let’s keep reading to know more about this item!
Frequently asked questions about ESTA for citizens of Jersey
What is an ESTA?
ESTA is a short word for “Electronic System for Travel Authorization”. This automated system is developed by the government of the USA in order to determine the eligibility of travelers to visit this country under the Visa Waiver Program.
How many types of applications are there?
There are two kinds of applications available for you on the system which are:
- Individual application: this one is most chosen by tourists who fly to the US on their own. There are not many things you have to do since the form is quite short and easy for you.
- Group application: is not very different from the other. However, applying this way is much more convenient for people traveling in groups as it helps to save a lot of time. Indeed, just the representative need to give all necessary information required as long as everyone has the same nationality.
What is necessary for an ESTA request?
An ESTA application does not ask you to submit as many documents as a visa request does. What you must provide in the online form are:
- A passport from a Visa Waiver Program country: is a compulsory item you are not allowed to miss on the list. Make sure that your passport is valid to avoid being turned down.
- An email address: is the main tool for you to get the latest notifications about your ESTA. Hence, do not forget to check it frequently to see if there is anything wrong with the process.
- A means of payment: there are different ways that you can pick to pay for your ESTA with MasterCard, VISA, American Express or PayPal accounts.
How many stages does the application include?
Here are three main steps included in the request that you must take carefully to ask for an ESTA:
- By accessing this link, you will be directed to an online form in which you need to answer all the queries given. Please remember to review all the details before moving on so that you do not have to face any troubles later.
Pay and confirm
- MasterCard, VISA, American Express and PayPal accounts are all accepted as a method of payment. Therefore, you can pick the one which you have already got to pay for your ESTA.
Get your ESTA
- As soon as your ESTa arrives, you should print it out to show at the checkpoint when turning up in America.
How long can I receive my ESTA?
You can decide the time to process your ESTA. Our service offers three choices in order that you can pick the most suitable one:
- Normal processing: 3 business days
- Emergency processing: 24 hours
- Rush processing: 12 hours
How much is an ESTA?
An ESTA asks you to pay for government and service fees. In detail, the cost of each one is as listed:
Government fee: $14
- Normal processing: $59
- Emergency processing: $79
- Rush processing: $89
How long can I stay in the US with an ESTA?
You will get an allowance of staying in the US for 90 days as a maximum. Furthermore, you can come here at any point during the valid time thanks to multiple entries.
How can I know more about ESTA?
If you have any difficulties in requesting an ESTA, do not hesitate to visit us for assistance by raising all of your questions in the box on the right side. We always welcome and support you with useful guidance to help you get one successfully.