Being written on the list of must-come destinations for tourism, it is not surprising that America welcomes thousands of visitors each year. Coming to this country, you will have a chance to discover lots of interesting things about it that you just hear about on TV or have never known before. For example, you can visit its famous cultural and natural heritages honored by UNESCO, namely the Statue of Liberty or Independence Hall. Lately, to make it easy for travelers from other countries, including Kenya, to enter this land for a vacation, the US government has introduced a new permit called ESTA. Let’s keep reading to find out what it is!
Frequently asked questions about ESTA for citizens of Kenya
What is an ESTA?
ESTA is a short word for “Electronic System for Travel Authorization”. This automated system is developed by the government of the USA in order to determine the eligibility of travelers to visit this country under the Visa Waiver Program.
How many types of applications are there?
There are two kinds of applications available for you on the system which we mention in the lines below:
- Individual application: is the best choice for you if you do not accompany anyone else on the trip. Applying in this way is not very complex as you just have to spend some time fulfilling the online form and making payment for your ESTA.
- Group application: is highly suggested for those traveling to the US in groups of more than two people. This type of application is much more convenient than the other since you do not have to request an ESTA for everyone. Instead, only the representative needs to respond to all the queries given as long as all the members share the same nationality.
What is necessary for an ESTA request?
Here is the list of things you are required to provide in the application form:
- A passport from a Visa Waiver Program country: is an indispensable item that you are not allowed to miss when asking for an ESTA. Please take a look at its expiry date to make sure that your one is still valid.
- An email address: is the tool which helps you keep track of your ESTA. Hence, do not forget to turn on the notifications to get the latest points.
- A means of payment: there are different ways for you to pay for your ESTA such as MasterCard, VISA, American Express or PayPal accounts.
How many stages does the application include?
The applying process is made simple for you with three main steps in total. Your job is to take them carefully for a successful request:
- Here is the link which directs you to the online application. By accessing it, you can enter data about your name, date of birth, passport number, contact number, nationality, etc. Every detail must be true and accurate so that you will not face any troubles later.
Pay and confirm
- MasterCard, VISA, American Express and PayPal accounts are all accepted as a method of payment. Therefore, you can pick the one you have already to pay for your ESTA.
Get your ESTA
- Several days after sending the request, you will get your ESTA via email. Then, kindly remember to print it out for checking at the checkpoint as soon as you show up in America.
How long can I receive my ESTA?
You can get an ESTA in a few days. Nonetheless, if you are in an urgent situation, you can select one from the following choices to make it flexible for your schedule:
- Normal processing: 3 business days
- Emergency processing: 24 hours
- Rush processing: 12 hours
How much is an ESTA?
Government and service are the two kinds of fees you have to charge for an ESTA. Please notice that the total cost to you will change following the level of urgency:
Government fee: $14
- Normal processing: $59
- Emergency processing: $79
- Rush processing: $89
How long can I stay in the US with an ESTA?
You will have 90 days to enjoy your holiday in the US with an ESTA in your hand. Furthermore, you have the right to visit this country more than one time within the valid period.
How can I know more about ESTA?
If you find it difficult to request an ESTA, please contact us for help by going to our homepage and leaving a message in the box on the right side. Our experts are always willing to help you out with useful instruction so that you can get this permit successfully.