If you are looking for a place with lots of interesting things to do, America will be one of the best suggestions that you cannot fail to add to your list. Coming to this country, you will have an opportunity to enjoy the beautiful landscapes spreading throughout the nation. Also, you can visit popular sites such as Disneyland or the Magic Kingdom where there are many activities for you to have fun and relax. Lately, to make it easy for tourists from Laos who would like to come here for a vacation, the US government has introduced a new permit called ESTA. Let’s keep reading for details!
Frequently asked questions about ESTA for citizens of Laos
What is an ESTA?
ESTA is a short word for “Electronic System for Travel Authorization”. This automated system is developed by the government of the USA in order to determine the eligibility of travelers to visit this country under the Visa Waiver Program.
How many types of applications are there?
Basically, there are two ways for you to request an ESTA that we show in the following lines:
- Individual application: this one is the best choice for you if you are flying to the US alone. The applying process is quite simple for you since it contains just a few questions regarding your personal and passport details. Then, you can finish the application by making payment for your ESTA.
- Group application: is highly recommended for those who travel in groups of more than two members. Asking for an ESTA in this way can help to save a lot of time as you do not have to request an ESTA for everyone. Instead, only one person needs to fill in the blanks with all the required data. However, please remember that everybody in the group must have the same nationality.
What is necessary for an ESTA request?
To get ready for the application, make sure you have all of these items:
- A passport from a Visa Waiver Program country: is an indispensable thing that you are not allowed to miss when asking for an ESTA. Please have a check to see if your passport is still valid so that you will not be refused to move on to the next stage.
- An email address: is an important means through which you receive the latest notifications about your ESTA. Thus, do not forget to log in to your email regularly so as not to lose track of the process.
- A means of payment: there are different ways for you to pay for your ESTA such as MasterCard, VISA, American Express or PayPal accounts.
How many stages does the application include?
Here are the three main steps in the request that you can follow to get an ESTA:
- There is an online form available on this site for you to provide details about you and your passport. To avoid troubles caused by mistakes later, kindly go over your answers before moving on to see if any wrong responses are typed.
Pay and confirm
- MasterCard, VISA, American Express and PayPal accounts are all accepted as a method of payment. Therefore, you can pick the one you have already to pay for your ESTA.
Get your ESTA
- Your ESTA will be done and sent to you in some days. After that, you should print it out for entering permission when showing up in America.
How long will my ESTA be done?
Our service offers three different timeframes so that you can pick the most suitable one to process your ESTA:
- Normal processing: 3 business days
- Emergency processing: 24 hours
- Rush processing: 12 hours
How much money does an ESTA cost?
The cost of an ESTA consists of government and service fees. In detail, they are as listed in the lines below:
Government fee: $14
- Normal processing: $59
- Emergency processing: $79
- Rush processing: $89
How long can I stay in the US with my ESTA?
With an ESTA in your hand, you will have 90 days to discover the beautiful US. Moreover, thanks to the benefits of multiple entries, you can come to visit this nation as many times as you would like.
Where can I look for more information about ESTA?
For a better understanding of ESTA, please do not hesitate to contact us by raising your question in the box on our homepage. We are always willing to assist you with useful details so that you can get this permit successfully.