Recently, the number of tourists coming to America for their holidays has been rising for lots of reasons. Firstly, this nation is famous for being the kingdom of fashion where visitors choose to hunt for their favorite items. Additionally, on entering the US, you also have a chance to discover its impressive nature varying from one season to the next. For instance, you can watch red foliage covering ranges or mountains in autumn, but in winter those peaks are all white with layers of snow. If you are planning to come here for a vacation, asking for an ESTA is highly suggested for plenty of benefits. Let’s keep reading for instructions!
Frequently asked questions about ESTA for citizens of Lebanon
What is an ESTA?
ESTA is a short word for “Electronic System for Travel Authorization”. This automated system is developed by the government of the USA in order to determine the eligibility of travelers to visit this country under the Visa Waiver Program.
How many types of applications are there?
There are two kinds of application available for you on the system which are detailed in the lines below:
- Individual application: is mainly offered for tourists who come to visit the US without accompanying anyone else. The process of requesting an ESTA is very simple with several questions requiring your personal and passport data.
- Group application: this option is not so different from the other since they have the same questions. However, it is much more convenient for those traveling in groups to ask for an ESTA in this way because you can save a lot of time. Please notice that group application is only applied to people who come from the same country.
What is necessary for an ESTA request?
Taking an ESTA application, you do not have to submit many papers. Here are what you need:
- A passport from a Visa Waiver Program country: is the most important item you cannot fail to prepare for when asking for an ESTA. In addition, your one must be valid so that you are not refused to get this permit.
- An email address: is the means which keeps you updated with new notifications about your ESTA. Thus, make sure that you do not miss any latest points by logging in to your email regularly.
- A means of payment: there are different ways for you to pay for your ESTA, namely MasterCard, VISA, American Express or PayPal accounts.
How many stages does the application include?
There are three main steps in total for you to follow as shown:
- This site contains an online form in which you are required to answer all the queries regarding name, date of birth, passport, nationality, etc. Do not forget to check every detail again before moving on to see if you make any mistakes.
Pay and confirm
- MasterCard, VISA, American Express and PayPal accounts are all accepted as a method of payment. Therefore, you can pick the one which you have already to pay for your ESTA.
Get your ESTA
- Normally, your ESTA will be done and sent to you in a few days. After that, you can get your journey started by printing your ESTA out and show it at the checkpoint.
How long can I receive my ESTA?
The number of days you have to wait for this permit depends on your choice of timeframe. These are three options available for you as follows:
- Normal processing: 3 business days
- Emergency processing: 24 hours
- Rush processing: 12 hours
How much is an ESTA?
Government and service are the two parts included in the fees of an ESTA. Please keep in mind that the price of the latter will change according to the situation:
Government fee: $14
- Normal processing: $59
- Emergency processing: $79
- Rush processing: $89
How long can I stay in the US with an ESTA?
An ESTA gives you 90 days to enjoy your vacation in the US. Also, you can come to this land at any point later thanks to multiple entries.
How can I know more about ESTA?
Should you need more details about ESTA, please let us know by leaving a message in the chatbox on our website to raise all of your questions. We always welcome and support you with useful guidance so that you can get this permit for your holidays.