Being listed as one of the best destinations in the world, it is understandable that the number of tourists coming to America has risen at a high rate. On entering here, you will find out that this country possesses lots of interesting things you may never know before. For instance, you can watch red foliage falling in autumn, white snow covering ranges of mountains in winter, yellow sunshine in summer and flowers blooming in the spring. Recently, on top of US Tourist Visa, New Zealanders can easily enter the US with a US ESTA Visa for New Zealand. Let’s keep reading for guidance if you would like to get one!
Frequently asked questions about US ESTA Visa for New Zealand
What is an ESTA?
ESTA is a short word for “Electronic System for Travel Authorization”. This automated system is developed by the government of the USA to determine the eligibility of travelers to visit this country under the Visa Waiver Program.
How many types of applications are there?
The US government introduces two kinds of applications that tourists can choose to ask for an ESTA:
- Individual application: is most appropriate for those who are showing up in America on their own. This is a quick process that takes you just a few minutes to fill in the form and make payment for your ESTA.
- Group application: is released to make it convenient for people traveling in groups. Applying in this way, you can save a lot of time since only one person needs to answer all the queries. However, please note that everyone must share the same nationality.
> See also: US Transit Visa
What is necessary for a US ESTA Visa for New Zealand request?
The documents needed for the application is quite simple with three main items on the list:
- A passport from a Visa Waiver Program country: is an indispensable thing that you must hold when asking for an allowance to enter other countries. Make sure your passport is valid by checking its expiration date carefully.
- An email address: plays an important role since it keeps you updated with new notifications. Hence, kindly log in to your email frequently to keep track of the process.
- A means of payment: you can choose to pay for your ESTA with MasterCard, VISA, American Express or PayPal accounts.
How many stages does the application include?
There are three big steps in total included in the application process that we detailed in the following lines:
- Firstly, you can go to the US ESTA Visa page to get the online form. Then, please carefully enter all the information required related to your name, passport details, date of birth, gender in the boxes. Do not forget to have a look back at your responses to see if any mistake is made.
Pay and confirm
- MasterCard, VISA, American Express and PayPal accounts are all accepted as a method of payment. Therefore, you can pick the one which you have already to pay for your ESTA.
Get your ESTA
- Your ESTA will arrive at your email in some business days. Next, you should print it out to bring with you to the checkpoint for entering permission.
How long can I receive my ESTA?
Normally, it takes a few days for your ESTA to be processed and done. Nonetheless, in case of urgency, you can pick one of the shown options to make it fit your schedule:
- Normal processing: 3 business days
- Emergency processing: 24 hours
- Rush processing: 12 hours
How much is an ESTA?
You must pay for both government and service fees to own an ESTA. The price for each one is as detailed below:
Government fee: $14
- Normal processing: $59
- Emergency processing: $79
- Rush processing: $89
How long can I stay in the US with an ESTA?
90 days is the maximum period you are allowed to stay in the US for a vacation. Additionally, you can take more than one trip to this country thanks to multiple entries.
How can I know more about ESTA?
Should you need any assistance, do not hesitate to contact us for help by sending a message via the chatbox on our website. We are always willing to support you with useful guidance so that you can get this permit successfully.