The United States of America is not only famous for luxurious shopping malls with cool fashionable styles but it is also renowned for numerous attractive landscapes. Besides, once coming here, you will have an opportunity to relax and have fun in Disneyland, Magic Kingdom, Epcot and so on. Recently, it has been much more convenient for citizens of Anguilla to enter this country thanks to ESTA. Let’s keep reading for details in the following lines!
Frequently asked questions about ESTA for citizens of Anguilla
What does ESTA mean?
ESTA is a short word for “Electronic System for Travel Authorization”. This automated system is developed by the government of the USA in order to determine the eligibility of travelers to visit this country under the Visa Waiver Program.
How many ways are there to apply for an ESTA?
ESTA has two kinds of application as following:
- Individual application: it is the most common choice for visitors who are going to set foot in the USA alone. This type is simple which takes only a few minutes to fulfill.
- Group application: if you go to America with a group of friends or family, this is a good option for you because you can save a lot of time. However, you must be very careful with every small detail as it can affect other member’s results.
What documents should I prepare for an ESTA request?
When applying for an ESTA, you do not have to worry about the documents as it is very simple with three main items:
- A passport from a Visa Waiver Program country: if you are going to go overseas, holding a passport in your hand is the top important thing since you cannot apply for a visa without it. Therefore, you must possess one to ask for an ESTA.
- An email address: when taking an ESTA application, you no longer have to go to the embassy. Hence, providing an email address is compulsory so that you can be kept updated with the latest notifications.
- A means of payment: you can pick a method among MasterCard, VISA, American Express and PayPal accounts to pay for your e-Visa.
What are the stages of an ESTA application?
An ESTA application is very simple with three steps shown below:
- First of all, you have to provide some personal information such as name, date of birth, address, phone number, your passport’ issued, expiry date, etc. This site offers you an online form for you to fill in.
- To prevent troubles later, you should check if there is any typo mistake in the details you have just given.
Pay and confirm
- Next, you can consider choosing a means of payment among MasterCard, VISA, American Express or PayPal accounts to pay for your ESTA.
Get your ESTA
A few days after the application, you can receive your ESTA via email. You will have to show it at the Immigrant checkpoint on arrival in America to get an entering allowance.
How long does it take to process an ESTA?
Depending on your situation, you can pick the most suitable one from the three options below:
- Normal processing: 3 business days
- Emergency processing: 24 hours
- Rush processing: 12 hours
How much does an ESTA cost?
In order to own an ESTA, you have to make payment for both government and service fees. About the former, there is only one price regulated by this country. However, the cost of the latter will change following your case:
Government fee: $14
- Normal processing: $59
- Emergency processing: $79
- Rush processing: $89
How long am I allowed to stay in the USA with my ESTA?
With an ESTA, you can visit this state for the duration of 90 days. Moreover, you can enter it at any point within the valid time thanks to multiple entries.
Who should I contact to get more information about ESTA for the citizens of Anguilla?
Should you have any difficulties during the process, please contact us on our website to ask for help. We are always willing to assist you with useful advice for a successful application.