America has been a favorite destination that most tourists from around the world choose for their holidays. This is known as the kingdom of fashion and also the land of the movie industry called Hollywood. Besides, there are lots of impressive sceneries here for you to contemplate and relax after stressful chains of days. Lately, it is getting much easier for residents of British Indian Ocean Territory to enter this nation thanks to ESTA. Let’s scroll down for more details!
Frequently asked questions about ESTA for citizens of British Indian Ocean Territory
What is an ESTA?
ESTA is a short word for “Electronic System for Travel Authorization”. This automated system is developed by the government of the USA in order to determine the eligibility of travelers to visit this country under the Visa Waiver Program.
How many ways are there for nationals of British Indian Ocean Territory?
As for the kinds of application, there are two choices for you to pick from as below:
- Individual application: if you are going to take a backpack and travel alone, this is the best option for you as you just have to spend a few minutes fulfilling the online form.
- Group application: if you plan to have a vacation with your family or mates, it is much faster to take a group application. Indeed, you do not need to apply for everyone as long as they share the same nationality.
What do I need for an ESTA request?
An ESTA does not require you to prepare too many documents. What you need are the three following main items:
- A passport from a Visa Waiver Program country: if you are planning to travel to a country, a passport is the most important thing that you must hold in your hand. Also, you have to make sure that your passport is valid at the time you take the application as well as during your stay in the US.
- An email address: an email address helps you to receive new notifications. Additionally, your ESTA will be sent via it.
- A means of payment: to make payment for your ESTA, you have to possess one method among MasterCard, VISA, American Express or PayPal accounts.
How many steps are included in the application?
The process of requesting an ESTA is much simpler in comparison with that of a sticker visa. There are three stages in total as described:
- The first thing you have to do with the application is to give some personal information about name, date of birth, e-mail address, passport, purposes of the trips and phone number by accessing this link.
- After finishing the online form, you should check everything carefully to make sure that there is no mistake with numbers and spelling.
Pay and confirm
- You can pay for your ESTA with MasterCard, VISA, American Express or PayPal accounts. However, cash is an invalid method in this case.
Get your ESTA
- Within the timeframe you choose, you will receive your ESTA through an email. Then, you have to download and print it out to display at the Immigration Checkpoint.
How many days does it take to process an ESTA?
To make it convenient for your plan, our service offers three timeframes for you to select. Your ESTA will arrive within that period of time.
- Normal processing: 3 business days
- Emergency processing: 24 hours
- Rush processing: 12 hours
How much does an ESTA cost?
There are two kinds of fees you must pay for an ESTA. In detail, one of them is for the government and the other is for service. Nonetheless, the price for the latter will be different depending on the situation:
Government fee: $14
- Normal processing: $59
- Emergency processing: $79
- Rush processing: $89
How long can my holidays in the US last with an ESTA?
An ETA allows you to visit the US for a maximum of 90 days. Furthermore, you can show up many times during the valid period thanks to multiple entries.
How can I get more information about ESTA?
If there is any problem during the application, please contact us on our page and leave a message in the box to let us know. Our experts, who have a lot of experience in this field, will give you helpful advice to get an ESTA successfully.