With numerous impressive landscapes spreading throughout the nation, it is not surprising that the number of tourists coming to America has risen these days. Once entering here for a vacation, you will be surprised by its colorful nature changing constantly and nice weather making you comfortable. Besides, there are also many famous heritages of the world located in this large country for you to visit. If you are from Guinea-Bissau, you can easily go on holiday to the US thanks to ESTA. Let’s scroll down to get more details!
Frequently asked questions about ESTA for citizens of Guinea-Bissau
What is an ESTA?
ESTA is a short word for “Electronic System for Travel Authorization”. This automated system is developed by the government of the USA in order to determine the eligibility of travelers to visit this country under the Visa Waiver Program.
How many types of applications are there?
There are two kinds of applications available on the system that you can pick as follows:
- Individual application: is most preferred by travelers flying to the US on their own. The process is not very complex as it just asks you to fill in the blanks with personal and passport data.
- Group application: this kind of application includes the same stages as the other. However, it helps to save a lot of time because only the representative has to answer all the questions given. Please remember that everyone in the group must share the same nationality.
What is necessary for an ESTA request?
When applying for an ESTA, you are not required to submit many documents. Indeed, what you need to prepare are these items:
- A passport from a Visa Waiver Program country: is the top necessary thing for this application. You should have a look at its expiry date to make sure that it is still valid.
- An email address: this is the means through which the latest notification about ESTA are sent to you. Hence, do not forget to spend some time checking it to keep track of the process.
- A means of payment: there are different ways that you can pick to pay for your ESTA with MasterCard, VISA, American Express or PayPal accounts.
How many stages does the application include?
Here are the three steps that you can follow for a successful ESTA request:
- The first thing you need to do is to visit this link for the online form. Then, you can start the application by responding to queries with a red asterisk next to them. Please have a check at what you have just typed to see if any mistake is made.
Pay and confirm
- MasterCard, VISA, American Express and PayPal accounts are all accepted as a method of payment. Therefore, you can pick the one which you have already got to pay for your ESTA.
Get your ESTA
- Several days after sending the request, you will get your ESTA via email. Next, you should print it out for entering permission as you as showing up in the US.
How long can I receive my ESTA?
You can decide the timeframe to process your ESTA. Normally, it will arrive in some days but you can select one from the options below to make it flexible for your schedule:
- Normal processing: 3 business days
- Emergency processing: 24 hours
- Rush processing: 12 hours
How much is an ESTA?
You are required to pay for government and service fees to get an ESTA. The price for each one is as detailed. Nonetheless, the cost of service will change according to how urgent your trip is:
Government fee: $14
- Normal processing: $59
- Emergency processing: $79
- Rush processing: $89
How long can I stay in the US with an ESTA?
Your journey to the US can last for 90 days as a maximum. Also, thanks to the benefits of multiple entries, you can visit this country more than one time as long as your ESTA is valid.
How can I know more about ESTA?
Should you have any questions related to ESTA, please do not hesitate to contact us on our homepage and leave a message in the box to let us know what you are concerned about. Your queries will be replied to by our experts whose lots of experience to help you solve the difficulties.