When talking about the United States of America, we immediately think of a modern city where luxurious shopping malls gather and famous movies were born. Additionally, this is also a nice destination for tourists to visit well-known sites such as the Statue of Liberty, Freedom trail, Disney land and many others. Nowadays, it is much easier for travelers from Algeria to enter this country thanks to ESTA. If this is the first time you hear about it, do not hesitate to scroll down for more details!
Frequently asked questions about ESTA for citizens of Algeria
What does ESTA stand for?
ESTA is a short word for “Electronic System for Travel Authorization” powered by the USA government. This automated system is created to determine the eligibility of travelers to visit this country under the Visa Waiver Program.
How many kinds of applications are there for citizens of Algeria?
As for the types of application, ESTA offers you two choices as below:
- Individual application: this is the only option for you if you take a trip alone. However, people traveling in groups can also apply in this way but it takes much time because you have to fill in the form for each person.
- Group application: it is a better pick if you go with your friends and family as it helps to save your time. Nevertheless, you have to be careful since a small mistake can influence the whole form, which means other people’s results are also affected.
What documents are required to apply for an ESTA?
It is much simpler to apply for an ESTA in comparison to ask for a normal visa. All you need to prepare are these three main items:
- A passport from a Visa Waiver Program country: the application will ask you to give some details about your passport like the issued date and expiry date. Therefore, you have to get one which is still valid at the time you take the online form.
- An email address: as you will receive your ESTA and new notifications through an email address, you must provide the one you use frequently so as not to miss any important things.
- A means of payment: You can pay for your ESTA with MasterCard, VISA, American Express or PayPal accounts. Please remember that cash is not an available method in this situation.
How to apply for an ESTA?
The process of applying for an ESTA is quite simple with three steps in total. Nonetheless, you should take them carefully to avoid troubles later.
- There is an online form available on this site for you to fill in some personal details such as name, date of birth, nationality and so on. Moreover, information related to your passport is also necessary like issued and expiry date.
- To avoid rejection by typo mistakes, you had better check again after fulfilling.
Pay and confirm
- After the first step is done, you can go on to the next part which is about payment. MasterCard, VISA, American Express and PayPal accounts are highly recommended for their quickness and convenience.
Get your ESTA
- Several days after a successful application, you will get your ESTA via email. Therefore, do not forget to check it regularly to see if your one is delivered.
How long do I have to wait for my ESTA?
Within the period of time you choose, your ESTA will turn up at your email address. The time needed to process it relies on your selection from the following lines:
- Normal processing: 3 business days
- Emergency processing: 24 hours
- Rush processing: 12 hours
How much is an ESTA?
An ESTA includes two kinds of fees that you have to charge which are for government and service. Depending on how rush you are, the price for the latter can change as shown:
Government fee: $14
- Normal processing: $59
- Emergency processing: $79
- Rush processing: $89
How long can I visit the USA with my ESTA?
An ESTA lets you stay in America for 90 days as a maximum number. In addition, with the advantages of multiple entries, you can come here at any point you want.
Where can I find more details about ESTA for citizens of Algeria?
If you have any problems during the application, do not be afraid to ask for help by visiting our website. You can contact us by phone number or leaving a message in the chat box. We will be there to assist you in the shortest time.