The United States of America has been a well-known destination for tourism thanks to its amazing natural landscapes changing every season. Here, you can also have a chance to discover some famous sites such as Disneyland, the Statue of Liberty, the Freedom trails and so on. With the introduction of ESTA, it is much easier for travelers from Australia to enter this country. Let’s keep reading for useful details!
Frequently asked questions about ESTA for citizens of Australia
What is ESTA?
ESTA is a short word for “Electronic System for Travel Authorization”. This automated system is developed by the government of the USA in order to determine the eligibility of travelers to visit this country under the Visa Waiver Program.
How many ways of applying for an ESTA?
Basically, there are two options for you to choose from as follows:
- Individual application: it is the only and most convenient choice for you if you are going to have a trip alone.
- Group application: if you are planning to travel in groups of more than two people, a group application is highly recommended because it helps to save a lot of your time. Please keep in mind that they are from the same nation.
What items are necessary for an ESTA application?
An ESTA request does not ask you to prepare lots of papers. Instead, you just have to get the following items ready:
- A passport from a Visa Waiver Program country: it is always essential to have a passport if you want to get an ESTA from the US. There is one important thing to remember is that it is still valid at the time you set your foot in this country.
- An email address: you must provide an email address when making the application. This email will keep you updated with the latest notifications about your ESTA.
- A means of payment: you have to prepare a method of payment for your ESTA fee. There are some ways for you to select such as MasterCard, VISA, American Express or PayPal accounts.
How many steps in an ESTA application?
An ESTA application includes three main stages which you have to follow carefully:
- You can go to this site to provide some personal information about name, passport, date of arrival and contact details. There might be some mistakes while you are taking this step due to a lot of numbers. Therefore, do not forget to have a look back at what you have just written to make sure everything is accurate.
Pay and confirm
- After answering all the questions given, you have to pay your ESTA fee. About the means of payment, you can use MasterCard, VISA, American Express, PayPal accounts but not cash.
Get your ESTA
- Once the first two steps are complete, you can wait for your ESTA to be sent via your email. When it arrives, you can download and print it out to show at the Immigration Checkpoint.
How long will my ESTA be done?
It depends on the service you choose. We offer three kinds of timeframes so that you can find the most suitable one:
- Normal processing: 3 business days
- Emergency processing: 24 hours
- Rush processing: 12 hours
How much money does an ESTA cost?
As for the fee, the government will ask you to pay $14 for an ESTA. Besides, you also have to pay the service fee. There are three options which you can choose one from:
- Normal processing: $59
- Emergency processing: $79
- Rush processing: $89
How long can I stay in the USA with my ESTA?
Your journey to America cannot be over 90 days with an ESTA. You can start your trip at any point during its validity time.
Where can I get more details about ESTA for the nationals of Australia?
If you still have some questions related to ESTA for citizens of Australia, you can contact us at this website for more information. We are always willing to support you to successfully get an ESTA for your vacations.