ESTA FOR CITIZENS OF BOTSWANA
In the past years, America has become one of the most ideal destinations for travelers from around the world thanks to its gorgeous and modern cities. Besides, there are also nice landscapes for those who would like to spend their vacation in a peaceful place. Recently, with the availability of ESTA, residents of Botswana do not have to go to the embassy for a visa as before. Instead, they can stay at home and take an online application, which is much faster and more convenient. Let’s keep reading for details!
Frequently asked questions about ESTA for citizens of Botswana
What is an ESTA?
ESTA is a short word for “Electronic System for Travel Authorization”. This automated system is developed by the government of the USA in order to determine the eligibility of travelers to visit this country under the Visa Waiver Program.
How many ways are there to apply for an ESTA?
The US government offers two kinds of applications to make it fit your case. In particular, they are shown in the following lines:
- Individual application: this option is most suitable for those who are going to the USA alone. It is just a quick form in which they have to provide some basic details.
- Group application: it is much faster to take a group application if you travel with some friends or family members. Indeed, you do not have to waste your time applying for each person. All you have to do is to give some information about name, date of birth, nationality, etc.
What is needed for an ESTA request?
Before taking an ESTA application, make sure you have these things available:
- A passport from a Visa Waiver Program country: the online form will require some details about your passport such as passport numbers, expiry date, or issue date. Therefore, you must have one when applying for an ESTA.
- An email address: is an important tool for you to keep track of your ESTA. Do not forget to log in frequently to receive new notifications.
- A means of payment: MasterCard, VISA, American Express or PayPal accounts are accepted as a method of payment. Please notice that you cannot pay with cash.
How can I apply for an ESTA?
There are three steps in total to apply for an ESTA. You can take them step by step carefully for a successful application:
- This link will lead you to an online form in which there are some questions about name, date of birth, e-mail address, passport, purposes of the trips, and phone number. Please fulfill the form carefully so that there is no mistake made.
Pay and confirm
- There are some payment methods that you can use to pay for your ESTA. We highly recommend methods such as MasterCard, VISA, American Express and PayPal accounts.
Get your ESTA
- When you apply for an ESTA successfully, you will receive it in a period of time via your email. Hence, remember to check it regularly to get the latest notifications.
How long does it take to process an ESTA?
There are three choices for you to pick one. You should consider carefully how rush you are to select the most suitable time frame.
- Normal processing: 3 business days
- Emergency processing: 24 hours
- Rush processing: 12 hours
How much does an ESTA cost?
Your option for the service fee will decide how much you have to pay for your ESTA. Also, the government charge will be added up to your service fee.
Government fee: $14
- Normal processing: $59
- Emergency processing: $79
- Rush processing: $89
How long does an ESTA allow me to stay in America?
An ESTA permits you to stay in the USA for 90 days. To have the best experiences during your journey, you should plan everything reasonably so as not to forget anything.
How can I get more details about ESTA?
Should you find it complex to apply for an ESTA, you can go to our website and raise all of your concerns in the box. We always welcome and support you at any point to help you set your foot in beautiful America.