If you love to watch the beautiful red foliage falling in autumn or ski on the white snow in winter, the United States of America would be an ideal place for you. In addition, there will be many famous sites for you to have unforgettable experiences when coming here like Disneyland, the Statue of Liberty, the Magic Kingdom and so on. Thanks to the introduction of ESTA, citizens of Bulgaria no longer have to visit the embassy for a US visa. Let’s keep reading for more details in the following lines!
Frequently asked questions about ESTA for citizens of Bulgaria
What is an ESTA?
ESTA is a short word for “Electronic System for Travel Authorization”. This automated system is developed by the government of the USA in order to determine the eligibility of travelers to visit this country under the Visa Waiver Program.
How many kinds of applications are there?
There will be two choices for you as follows:
- Individual application: this is just a quick online form offered for those who are going to have a vacation to the US alone. You will have to spend only about 5 minutes doing it.
- Group application: if you visit the USA with a group of friends or with your family, it is highly suggested to take a group application because you do not have to apply for each person. Instead, a representative will fill in the blanks some basic details such as name, date of birth, etc.
What documents are required for an ESTA application?
An ESTA application will require the following items:
- A passport from a Visa Waiver Program country: it is always necessary to have a passport if you want to travel to another country. A passport is the most important item to help you get an ESTA. Therefore, do not forget to check if it is still valid.
- An email address: you will need to provide an email address to get the ESTA. In order not to miss any important information, make sure that you check it frequently.
- A means of payment: you should have at least one among MasterCard, VISA, American Express or PayPal accounts to make payment for your ESTA.
How many stages are there to apply for an ESTA?
The process of an ESTA application consists of three main steps as follows:
- You have to spend about 5 minutes accessing this link to answer some questions about name, date of birth, e-mail address, passport, purposes of the trips and phone number.
- After providing all the necessary information, do not forget to go over your online form again to avoid rejection caused by mistakes.
Pay and confirm
- You can use MasterCard, VISA, American Express or PayPal accounts to charge your ESTA.
Get your ESTA
- After the arrival of your ESTA, you have to download and print it out to display at the Immigration Checkpoint.
How long does it take to process an ESTA?
Depending on the urgency of your trips, you can choose one of the following timeframes to make it convenient for you:
- Normal processing: 3 business days
- Emergency processing: 24 hours
- Rush processing: 12 hours
How much is an ESTA?
To possess an ESTA, you have to make payment for both government and service fees. The price for each one is listed as below:
Government fee: $14
- Normal processing: $59
- Emergency processing: $79
- Rush processing: $89
How long can I stay in the US with an ESTA?
Possessing an ESTA, you are allowed to stay in America for 90 days as a maximum. Moreover, you can visit this nation as many times as you would like during the valid period.
How can I know more about ESTA?
Please do not hesitate to contact us on our website and raise all of your questions in the box if you have any concerns. Our experts will support you with detailed and useful information to help you get an ESTA in the shortest time.