If you are a nature lover, the United States of America is an ideal destination for you as there will be red foliages falling in autumn, white snow in winter and various kinds of flowers blooming in spring. Besides, it is also known as the kingdom of fashion where famous brands gather to provide customers with cool and good quality items. Recently, thanks to the release of ESTA, visitors from Burkina Faso can easily enter this nation for a holiday. Let’s scroll down for more details!
Frequently asked questions about ESTA for citizens of Burkina Faso
What is an ESTA?
ESTA is a short word for “Electronic System for Travel Authorization”. This automated system is developed by the government of the USA in order to determine the eligibility of travelers to visit this country under the Visa Waiver Program.
How many kinds of applications are there?
Basically, there are two ways of applying for an ESTA as follows:
- Individual application: this is the most suitable option for those who are taking a trip alone. It does not take you much time to fulfill as there are only a few personal details required.
- Group application: if you travel in a group, you can save a lot of time by taking this kind of application. You do not have to apply for each person because only one representative fills in the form.
What documents are required for an ESTA application?
To get ready for an ESTA request, you must have all of the items below:
- A passport from a Visa Waiver Program country: it is always necessary to have a passport if you want to take an ESTA application. The online form will require you to provide your passport number, expiry date and other related details. Therefore, if you do not have one, you should apply for it immediately.
- An email address: after submitting the application, you will get new information about your ESTA via email. Hence, make sure that the one you provide is accurate and used frequently.
- A means of payment: you should have at least one among MasterCard, VISA, American Express or PayPal accounts to make payment for your ESTA.
What is the process of applying for an ESTA?
To apply for an ESTA, you can take three simple steps which are instructed as shown:
- By accessing this link, you will be directed to another page that has an online form. Then, you have to answer all the questions about name, date of birth, e-mail address, passport, purposes of the trips, and phone number carefully. To avoid troubles caused by spelling mistakes, you should have a check before moving on to the next step.
Pay and confirm
- You can use MasterCard, VISA, American Express or PayPal accounts to charge your ESTA.
Get your ESTA
- After the arrival of your ESTA, you have to download and print it out to display at the Immigration Checkpoint.
How long can I receive my ESTA?
Normally, your ESTA will arrive through an email after a few days. However, if you are in a rush, you can consider picking one from the three options below:
- Normal processing: 3 business days
- Emergency processing: 24 hours
- Rush processing: 12 hours
How much is an ESTA?
The fee for an ESTA consists of two parts. The first one is for the government which has only one price. The other is for service which you can select one from the following:
Government fee: $14
- Normal processing: $59
- Emergency processing: $79
- Rush processing: $89
How long can I stay in the US with an ESTA?
An ESTA gives you permission to stay in the US for 90 days. During the valid period, you can set your foot in this country as many times as you want.
How can I know more about ESTA?
Should you have any concerns related to ESTA, please do not hesitate to visit our website to let us know what you are worried about. Our experts will give you useful advice to have a successful application.