Possessing lots of beautiful sceneries, it is not surprising that the number of travelers coming to the US has kept rising in the past years. Besides, this is also known as the kingdom of fashion where celebrities and normal people hunt for items fitting their styles. Furthermore, you will have the chance to have fun at famous sites such as the Magic Kingdom, Disneyland and so on. Thanks to the release of ESTA, it is not very difficult for citizens of the Republic of Congo to enter America as in the past. Let’s keep reading for details!
Frequently asked questions about ESTA for citizens of the Republic of Congo
What is an ESTA?
ESTA is a short word for “Electronic System for Travel Authorization”. This automated system is developed by the government of the USA in order to determine the eligibility of travelers to visit this country under the Visa Waiver Program.
How many types of applications are there?
There are two ways for you to apply for an ESTA as follows:
- Individual application: this one is highly recommended if you are going to take a trip alone. The process is simple indeed with some personal and passport information required.
- Group application: it will be very inconvenient to take an individual application for everyone in a group of more than two people. Therefore, this kind more suitable for those who are traveling together.
What items are necessary for an ESTA request?
There are not many documents needed for an ESTA application. All you must have are:
- A passport from a Visa Waiver Program country: the request cannot be processed if you do not provide a passport. Hence, make sure you hold one in your hand.
- An email address: is also an important thing because it helps to give you the latest notifications about your ESTA. Do not forget to check it frequently so as not to lose track.
- A means of payment: You can pay for your ESTA with MasterCard, VISA, American Express or PayPal accounts except for cash.
How many stages does the application include?
To request an ESTA, you have to take the three steps we list below:
- By accessing this link, you will be directed to the page whose an online form. Then, you have to answer all the questions about name, date of birth, e-mail address, passport, purposes of the trips, and phone number carefully. To avoid troubles caused by spelling mistakes, you should have a check before moving on to the next step.
Pay and confirm
- You will have to pay the fee of your ESTA when the application is done. About the means of payment, you can choose any way among MasterCard, VISA, American Express or PayPal accounts. Please keep in mind that cash is not accepted in this case.
Get your ESTA
- When your ESTA is sent via email, you have to download and print it out. Do not forget to bring it with you to the Immigration checkpoint to get permission for your journey.
How long can I receive my ESTA?
It does not take long to process an ESTA. Nevertheless, if there is any unexpected case that you cannot wait to fly to the US, you can pick one among the following selections:
- Normal processing: 3 business days
- Emergency processing: 24 hours
- Rush processing: 12 hours
How much is an ESTA?
An ESTA includes government and service fees. Please note that the cost of the latter will change according to the level of urgency.
Government fee: $14
- Normal processing: $59
- Emergency processing: $79
- Rush processing: $89
How long can I stay in the US with an ESTA?
Your trip can last for a maximum of 90 days with an ESTA. Additionally, you can come more than one time thanks to multiple entries.
How can I know more about ESTA?
Should you have any concerns related to ESTA, please do not hesitate to visit our website to let us know what you are worried about. Our experts will show you useful advice to have a successful application.