In recent years, the number of tourists coming to America for holidays has kept rising at a high rate. If you wonder why that is, there will be a lot of answers for it. First of all, this country possesses numerous impressive landscapes for travelers to enjoy and release all of their tiredness. Besides, there are also places for you to have fun such as Disneyland, the Magic Kingdom and so on. Thanks to the introduction of ESTA, it is getting much easy for citizens of Cuba to enter this land. Let’s keep reading for details in the following lines!
Frequently asked questions about ESTA for citizens of Cuba
What is an ESTA?
ESTA is a short word for “Electronic System for Travel Authorization”. This automated system is developed by the government of the USA in order to determine the eligibility of travelers to visit this country under the Visa Waiver Program.
How many types of applications are there?
You can request an ESTA in two ways that we describe below:
- Individual application: if you do not accompany anyone on the trip, this is the best choice recommended for you. Your job is to fill in a short form with some personal and passport information. Every detail must be exact so that it will not be rejected.
- Group application: there is no other option more convenient than this one if you travel in groups. It can help to save lots of time as the online form does not ask you to provide everyone’s data. Instead, a representative will answer all the questions given regarding nationality, date of birth, name, etc.
What is necessary for an ESTA request?
There are not many documents needed for an ESTA application. However, here are the three items you cannot fail to prepare:
- A passport from a Visa Waiver Program country: as some of the details related to your passport such as issued date expiry date are required, you must have a valid one to complete the first step.
- An email address: your ESTA will be sent to you via email. Therefore, please consider giving the one you use regularly to keep track of it.
- A means of payment: You can pay for your ESTA with MasterCard, VISA, American Express or PayPal accounts except for cash.
How many stages does the application include?
An ESTA request involves three bigs steps that you have to follow carefully for a successful application:
- You can go to this link to take the online form in which there are some questions about name, date of birth, e-mail address, passport, purposes of the trips and phone number you have to provide the answers to.
Pay and confirm
- You will have to pay the fee of your ESTA when the application is done. About the means of payment, you can choose any way among MasterCard, VISA, American Express or PayPal accounts. Please keep in mind that cash is not accepted in this case.
Get your ESTA
- You have to download and print your ESTA out after its arrival to show at the Immigration Checkpoint.
How long can I receive my ESTA?
It does not take too long to process an ESTA. Usually, you can get it a few days after requesting. Nonetheless, in case you are in an urgent situation, you can pick one service from the followings:
- Normal processing: 3 business days
- Emergency processing: 24 hours
- Rush processing: 12 hours
How much is an ESTA?
An ESTA comprises two kinds of fees you have to pay which are government and service. In detail, they are shown in the lines below:
Government fee: $14
- Normal processing: $59
- Emergency processing: $79
- Rush processing: $89
How long can I stay in the US with an ESTA?
With an ESTA in your hand, you are allowed to stay in the US for 90 days. Especially, you can enter more than one time thanks to multiple entries.
How can I know more about ESTA?
If you want to get more details about ESTA for citizens of Cuba, please visit us at our website and raise all of your concerns in the box. We will answer your questions as soon as possible to help you out and give you helpful tips to get an ESTA successfully.