In the past years, with the development in every aspect, America has written its name on the list of must-come destinations for tourists from around the world. People come here not just to enjoy the beautiful scenery but also to have fun at famous sites such as Disneyland, the Magic Kingdom and so on. Besides, it is now a favorite place for celebrities and fashionista to purchase cool items. If you are a resident of Cyprus who is planning a trip to the US, you no longer have to go to the embassy for a visa thanks to ESTA. Let’s scroll down for details!
Frequently asked questions about ESTA for citizens of Cyprus
What is an ESTA?
ESTA is a short word for “Electronic System for Travel Authorization”. This automated system is developed by the government of the USA in order to determine the eligibility of travelers to visit this country under the Visa Waiver Program.
How many types of applications are there?
Basically, there are two main kinds of application that the US government offers for travelers as follows:
- Individual application: this one is mainly chosen by those taking the trip to America alone. There are not many jobs for you to do as it is just a quick form requiring some personal data.
- Group application: it will be a waste of time to request an ESTA for each member in a group if you accompany more than two people. Hence, this option is offered to make it easier for visitors.
What is necessary for an ESTA request?
An ESTA application is very simple with these items:
- A passport from a Visa Waiver Program country: you are required to have a valid passport in order to answer some questions related to it like issued date, expiry date, etc.
- An email address: because this is an online application, you need to give an email address to keep track of your ESTA as well as to get it when it is done.
- A means of payment: You can pay for your ESTA with MasterCard, VISA, American Express or PayPal accounts except for cash.
How many stages does the application include?
The process of requesting an ESTA includes the following steps:
- It takes you about 5 minutes to fill in the online form available on this link. The questions are about a name, date of birth, email address, passport, purposes of the trips, and phone number.
- Make sure there is no typo mistake in your application.
Pay and confirm
- You will have to pay the fee of your ESTA when the request is done. About the means of payment, you can choose any way among MasterCard, VISA, American Express or PayPal accounts. Please keep in mind that cash is not accepted in this case.
Get your ESTA
- The last thing you have to do is to print your ESTA out after its arrival and show it at the Immigration Checkpoint.
How long can I receive my ESTA?
The time needed to process your ESTA depends on your choice of timeframes. We offer three different ones for you as listed:
- Normal processing: 3 business days
- Emergency processing: 24 hours
- Rush processing: 12 hours
How much is an ESTA?
The cost of an ESTA is made up of government and service fees. In detail, they are shown in the lines below:
Government fee: $14
- Normal processing: $59
- Emergency processing: $79
- Rush processing: $89
How long can I stay in the US with an ESTA?
With an ESTA, your journey to the US can last for 90 days as a maximum. Furthermore, you can come here more than once as long as the ESTA is valid.
How can I know more about ESTA?
If you are confused about ESTA for citizens of Cyprus, please contact us at our website by leaving your questions in the box. Our experts always welcome and support you as much as possible.