If you are looking for a destination where you can both enjoy the impressive landscapes and experience the pace of life in modern cities, America would be a nice place for you. Entering this country, you also have a chance to visit famous heritages of the world such as the Statue of Liberty, Mesa Verde National Park or Independence Hall. Lately, thanks to the release of ESTA, visitors from France can easily set foot on this land for a holiday without having to go to the embassy. Let’s scroll down for instruction if you want to get one!
Frequently asked questions about ESTA for citizens of France
What is an ESTA?
ESTA is a short word for “Electronic System for Travel Authorization”. This automated system is developed by the government of the USA in order to determine the eligibility of travelers to visit this country under the Visa Waiver Program.
How many types of applications are there?
There are two kinds of applications you can pick to request an ESTA:
- Individual application: this is the most appropriate option for those who are going to fly to the US alone. Your job is to take a short form and answer all the questions given regarding your personal and passport data.
- Group application: taking this one, you have to provide the same information as the other but it does not ask you to request an ESTA for every member of the group, which helps to save a lot of time. However, people traveling together must share the same nationality.
What is necessary for an ESTA request?
There are not many documents you have to prepare for an ESTA application. Indeed, what you need are the three items listed in the following lines:
- A passport from a Visa Waiver Program country: is the most important thing you are required to have when taking a trip to other countries. Moreover, your one must be valid so that the request is not turned down.
- An email address: is the means for you to keep track of your ESTA. Hence, do not forget to turn on the notifications so as not to miss any new points.
- A means of payment: You can pay for your ESTA with MasterCard, VISA, American Express or PayPal accounts except for cash.
How many stages does the application include?
There are three main steps in the process that you have to take to get an ESTA:
- The first thing you can do is to take the online form available on this site. After that, please fill in the blanks with true and accurate details about your name, date of birth, nationality, passport data, contact number and so on. Remember to have a look at what you have just typed to make sure that there is no typo mistake.
Pay and confirm
- You will have to pay the fee of your ESTA when the request is done. About the means of payment, you can choose any way among MasterCard, VISA, American Express or PayPal accounts. Please keep in mind that cash is not available in this case.
Get your ESTA
- Your ESTA will be sent to your email address as soon as it is done. Thus, do not miss to get it by checking your email regularly and print it out for entering permission at the checkpoint.
How long can I receive my ESTA?
To make it flexible for your schedule, we offer three different timeframes so that you can choose the most suitable one:
- Normal processing: 3 business days
- Emergency processing: 24 hours
- Rush processing: 12 hours
How much is an ESTA?
The price of an ESTA depends on what kind of service you choose. A government fee is then added to it to give the total amount of money you have to pay:
Government fee: $14
- Normal processing: $59
- Emergency processing: $79
- Rush processing: $89
How long can I stay in the US with an ESTA?
Possessing an ESTA, you are allowed to visit the US for 90 days as a maximum. Also, you can come here at any time within the valid period thanks to the advantages of multiple entries.
How can I know more about ESTA?
Should you need more details about ESTA, please do not hesitate to contact us on our homepage and leave a message in the box to let us know what you are concerned about. Your questions will be answered by our experts whose lots of experience in this field to help you get this permit successfully.