America is a large country which has a lot of interesting things for tourists to discover. Not only famous for attractive scenery changing constantly, but this land is also known as the home of fashion where luxurious shopping malls gather downtown. Besides, when coming to the US, you will have a chance to visit renowned heritages of the world such as the Statue of Liberty, Independence Hall and so on. Lately, to make it easier for residents of Guadeloupe, the US government has added this nation to the list of countries eligible for an ESTA. Let’s keep reading to find out what it is!
Frequently asked questions about ESTA for citizens of Guadeloupe
What is an ESTA?
ESTA is a short word for “Electronic System for Travel Authorization”. This automated system is developed by the government of the USA in order to determine the eligibility of travelers to visit this country under the Visa Waiver Program.
How many types of applications are there?
Basically, there are two kinds of applications for you to request an ESTA as described in the following lines:
- Individual application: is the most popular way for those flying to the US on their own. The request form is quite simple with some queries about you and your passport, which takes you just a few minutes to fulfill.
- Group application: if you accompany more than two folks on the trip, it will be better to pick this option as you can save a lot of time. Indeed, only the representative has to answer all the questions given as long as everyone in the group shares the same nationality.
What is necessary for an ESTA request?
Taking an ESTA application, you do not have to prepare many papers. What you need to submit are:
- A passport from a Visa Waiver Program country: is an indispensable item that you cannot fail to own when asking for an ESTA. Moreover, it must be valid so that you can go on with the next part.
- An email address: is the means through which you receive the latest notifications about your ESTA. Therefore, make sure that you do not miss any important points by checking your email regularly.
- A means of payment: You can pay for your ESTA with MasterCard, VISA, American Express or PayPal accounts except for cash.
How many stages does the application include?
There are three big steps included in the process that we detailed below:
- You can start the application by visiting this site for the online form. There, you will have to enter all the required information related to you and your passport.
- When you are done, do not forget to check again to see if any typo mistake is made.
Pay and confirm
- You are required to charge for the fee of your ESTA when the request is done. As for the means of payment, you can choose any way among MasterCard, VISA, American Express or PayPal accounts. Please keep in mind that cash is not available in this case.
Get your ESTA
- A few days after your send the request, your ESTA will be delivered via email. Then, you have to print it out to show at the checkpoint when showing up in America.
How long can I receive my ESTA?
Here is the list of three different timeframes that you can choose to process your ESTA:
- Normal processing: 3 business days
- Emergency processing: 24 hours
- Rush processing: 12 hours
How much is an ESTA?
The cost of your ESTA depends on how urgent your trip is. Besides, the government fee is then added up to it to give the total amount of money you have to pay.
Government fee: $14
- Normal processing: $59
- Emergency processing: $79
- Rush processing: $89
How long can I stay in the US with an ESTA?
An ESTA allows you to visit the US for 90 days as a maximum. In addition, you can come to this beautiful land as many times as you would like thanks to the advantages of multiple entries.
How can I know more about ESTA?
For a better understanding of ESTA, please do not hesitate to leave a message in the box on our homepage. Your questions will be replied to by our experts in the shortest time to give you more useful details about this permit.