Being on the list of must-come destinations for holidays, it is understandable that the number of visitors coming to America keeps rising each year. People enter this nation not just for discovering its impressive landscapes changing constantly but also for contemplating famous heritages of the world honored by UNESCO. Lately, to make it easier for tourists from Haiti, the US government has introduced a new permit called ESTA. Let’s keep reading to know more about this item!
Frequently asked questions about ESTA for citizens of Haiti
What is an ESTA?
ESTA is a short word for “Electronic System for Travel Authorization”. This automated system is developed by the government of the USA in order to determine the eligibility of travelers to visit this country under the Visa Waiver Program.
How many types of applications are there?
According to the current regulations, there are two ways for you to request an ESTA as follows:
- Individual application: is most chosen by travelers who would like to visit the US on their own. Applying this way, you just have to fill in the blanks with details about you and your passport, which takes you only a few minutes to fulfill.
- Group application: is a better choice for you if you accompany more than two people on the trip. This kind of application helps to save your time a lot since it does not ask for everyone’s data. However, all the members must share the same nationality.
What is necessary for an ESTA request?
There are three main items you cannot miss for an ESTA application which are:
- A passport from a Visa Waiver Program country: it is always vital to have a passport with you if you want to go abroad. Hence, make sure that you own one and it is still valid.
- An email address: is also an important item as it keeps you updated with new notifications about your ESTA. Thus, do not forget to check it regularly to get all the points sent to you.
- A means of payment: there are different ways that you can pick to pay for your ESTA with MasterCard, VISA, American Express or PayPal accounts.
How many stages does the application include?
Here are three big steps included in the process that you can take to apply for an ESTA:
- This link will direct you to the online form in which you are required to give answers to the queries given. Because the responses consist of important details, please have a check when you are finished to avoid troubles later.
Pay and confirm
- MasterCard, VISA, American Express and PayPal accounts are all accepted as a method of payment. Therefore, you can pick the one which you have already got to pay for your ESTA.
Get your ESTA
- Several days after the request, you will receive your ESTA via email. Then, you can print it out to get ready for your trip to America.
How long can I receive my ESTA?
Depending on the level of urgency, you can select one from the following choices to make it fit your schedule:
- Normal processing: 3 business days
- Emergency processing: 24 hours
- Rush processing: 12 hours
How much is an ESTA?
In order to own an ESTA, you will have to pay two kinds of fees as detailed in the following lines:
Government fee: $14
- Normal processing: $59
- Emergency processing: $79
- Rush processing: $89
How long can I stay in the US with an ESTA?
An ESTA gives you 90 days to visit the US. Furthermore, you can enter this beautiful land as many times as you would like thanks to multiple entries.
How can I know more about ESTA?
For a better understanding of ESTA, please contact us on our website and leave your questions in the box on the right side. We always welcome and are willing to support you with useful information so that you can get this permit successfully.