Recently, the number of tourists choosing America for their vacations has kept rising. People come here not just for the beautiful landscapes that Mother Nature gives to this land but also because of its busy and modern cities. Besides, there are also other interesting things for you to discover such as famous world’s heritage, sites for relaxing and having fun and so on. If you are from French Guiana, you do not need to visit the embassy for a visa any more thanks to ESTA. Let’s keep reading for details!
Frequently asked questions about ESTA for citizens of French Guiana
What is an ESTA?
ESTA is a short word for “Electronic System for Travel Authorization”. This automated system is developed by the government of the USA in order to determine the eligibility of travelers to visit this country under the Visa Waiver Program.
How many types of applications are there?
There are two kinds of application available for you on the system as follows:
- Individual application: this one is mostly chosen by those who are going to fly to the US on their own. Your job is just to fill in the online form with some information regarding date of birth, name, nationality, passport data, etc.
- Group application: as it will take a lot of time to request an ESTA for everyone in the group, you had better select this option if you accompany more than two folks to the USA. In detail, only one representative has to provide necessary information on behalf of the others, which helps to save a lot of time.
What is necessary for an ESTA request?
An ESTA does not ask you to submit many documents. Indeed, what you need are:
- A passport from a Visa Waiver Program country: is an indispensable item that you are not allowed to miss for an ESTA application. Additionally, your one must be valid so that you can move on to the next step.
- An email address: in order to keep track of your ESTA, you will have to give an email address to get the latest notifications in case there is anything wrong. Therefore, you should consider providing the one you use regularly to be kept updated.
- A means of payment: You can pay for your ESTA with MasterCard, VISA, American Express or PayPal accounts except for cash.
How many stages does the application include?
The whole process consists of three main steps which are clearly described in the following lines:
- There is an online form available on this site for you to answer some questions about your personal and passport such as name, date of birth, nationality, etc. You have to make sure that every detail is true and accurate to avoid troubles caused later.
Pay and confirm
- You will have to pay the fee of your ESTA when the request is done. About the means of payment, you can choose any way among MasterCard, VISA, American Express or PayPal accounts. Please keep in mind that cash is not available in this case.
Get your ESTA
- Your ESTA will be done and sent to you a few days after the request. Then, to get entering permission on arrival to the US, you must print and bring it with you to the checkpoint.
How long can I receive my ESTA?
It does not take a long time to process your ESTA. However, you can pick one from the following choices if your trip is urgent:
- Normal processing: 3 business days
- Emergency processing: 24 hours
- Rush processing: 12 hours
How much is an ESTA?
The price of an ESTA comprises two parts which are called government and service fees. Please notice that the latter has three options with different costs:
Government fee: $14
- Normal processing: $59
- Emergency processing: $79
- Rush processing: $89
How long can I stay in the US with an ESTA?
Holding an ESTA with you, you can stay in the US for a maximum of 90 days. In addition, you can enter this country at any point thanks to the benefits of multiple entries.
How can I know more about ESTA?
Should you need further information about ESTA, please contact us on our website by leaving a message in the box on the right side. Your questions will be received and responded to by our experts whose lots of experience in this field to help you get one successfully.