For a long time, the United States of America has been known as one of the best destinations for tourists from around the world. On arrival here, you will find out that there are lots of interesting things about this country you have never known before. Besides, when showing up in this land, you also have a chance to visit its famous sites such as Disneyland, the Statue of Liberty and so on. These days, to make it easier for travelers from India who would like to enter the US, this government has added it to the list of countries eligible for an ESTA. Let’s scroll down for details!
Frequently asked questions about ESTA for citizens of India
What is an ESTA?
ESTA is a short word for “Electronic System for Travel Authorization”. This automated system is developed by the government of the USA in order to determine the eligibility of travelers to visit this country under the Visa Waiver Program.
How many types of applications are there?
In accordance with current regulations, applicants can request an ESTA in two ways which are:
- Individual application: is mainly offered for people taking the trip alone. Applying this way is quite simple as you just need to spend some time fulfilling the online form and making payment for your ESTA.
- Group application: is the best choice for those who travel to the US together since it is fast and time-saving. Indeed, only one person from the group has to answer all the questions given as long as every member comes from the same country.
What is necessary for an ESTA request?
Here are all the items you must prepare for an ESTA application:
- A passport from a Visa Waiver Program country: you will need a passport to fill in the blanks with its data. Make sure that your one is valid to avoid rejection.
- An email address: this is the tool that keeps you updated with new notifications. Hence, please provide the one you use frequently to keep track of the process.
- A means of payment: there are different ways that you can pick to pay for your ESTA with MasterCard, VISA, American Express or PayPal accounts.
How many stages does the application include?
The process of requesting an ESTA comprises three main steps which you have to take carefully for a successful application:
- This site contains an online form in which you are required to enter data related to your name, date of birth, nationality, passport, etc.
- When you are done, do not forget to have a look at what you have just typed to see if any mistakes are included.
Pay and confirm
- MasterCard, VISA, American Express and PayPal accounts are all accepted as a method of payment. Therefore, you can pick the one which you have already got to pay for your ESTA.
Get your ESTA
- After submitting the form, you will get your ESTA in a few days through email. Next, you can print it out for checking at the checkpoint as soon as you set foot in thí beautiful land.
How long can I receive my ESTA?
You can pick the most suitable timeframe to process your ESTA. Here are the three options available for you:
- Normal processing: 3 business days
- Emergency processing: 24 hours
- Rush processing: 12 hours
How much is an ESTA?
To own an ESTA, you have to charge for both government and service fees. The price for each one is detailed in the following lines:
Government fee: $14
- Normal processing: $59
- Emergency processing: $79
- Rush processing: $89
How long can I stay in the US with an ESTA?
90 is the maximum number of days you can stay in the US for a vacation. Moreover, you can enter this country later for another journey thanks to the permission of multiple entries.
How can I know more about ESTA?
Should you have any problems during the process, please visit us on our website for help. All of your concerns will be responded to by our experts whose lots of experience in this field to help you solve the difficulties and get one ESTA successfully.